This was the 2nd year in a row to take swim lessons from Mr. Kaleb & Mr. Jim. Tate did a great job last year, but over the winter regressed some in his desire to swim at the indoor pool. Not ability, just desire. I figured that out after the first day this year when he was immediately right back to where we left off last year. Stinker...he's been holding out on us.Oh well, he got right back into the swing of things. Floating, kickboard laps, diving under and picking up rings, jumping into the water, and swimming about 10 feet.
They use a tough love approach to the lessons, which works well with Tate. They're there not to play but to learn water safety and some early swim skills. That approach and all of the tattoos can be a little intimidating, but they are so good at what they do, and the kids warm up to them quick.

1 comment:
Wow, he is so good - and his teachers really know their jobs, what fun!
I think it is great to teach kids so very early - I only learned it, when I was already schooled and I think this was too late for just learning it 'natural' without fear and fight...
Post a Comment