I had spent the afternoon of Christmas Eve Eve at Costco getting ready for my entire family to come over to our house to celebrate the next day. My guess is maybe one of the samples did me in, because no one else in my house got sick.
So no Christmas Eve with my family and no Christmas Day with the Strzineks for me. And a half comatose Christmas morning with Wade and the boys. The presents were barely even wrapped. Can you say Debbie Downer?
Of course the boys still had a great couple of days and practically knew no different. They still have no idea about the list of pictures, traditions, and memories I had running through my head that didn't happen. I guess the moral of the story is that those things don't always matter.
One "funny" memory from this Christmas. We told Tate that the 7:00 a.m. Rule still applied on Christmas morning. He couldn't come downstairs until then. So we found it surprising, that he didn't come in our room until closer to 7:30. Until he proudly confessed that he spent the last 30 minutes opening his stocking presents and also opening Will's for him as well. Isn't that what big brothers are supposed to do? :)
After that Wade got the boys set up and a chair positioned for me. My comatose self slowly went from the bed to the chair. So the only pictures were from my line of vision on the chair. That's all I had energy for. And yes if you followed my internal conflict posted on Facebook about spending money on matching Christmas PJs, you can clearly see what side won. Willpower has never been my strongest suit.
I'm thankful for a husband that swooped right in to take over taking the boys to two different Christmas family celebrations and let me try to feel better (and probably tried to stay as far away from this sickness as possible). I'm thankful for two happy, healthy boys. And I'm most thankful for a day set aside to remember Emmanuel ~ God With Us.










1 comment:
I'm so sorry you were sick! And, I LOVE the 7 am rule....use it over here myself!
Your tree looked pretty!
Post a Comment