Today we lost our "first baby," our almost 12-year old golden retriever, Macy. When a dog gets that old you know this day is coming. But it took me off guard how hard it would actually be.
Macy was such a great dog from even the very first moment when Wade met her. She was one of ten puppies in the litter, and she walked right up to him and plopped herself in his lap. She was the cutest puppy. She was great with kids letting them pet her, climb on her, whatever. We could leave the door open, and she would never run away. Such a sweet, gentle personality.
Wade & I reminisced today about some sweet memories...bringing her to Wade's softball games, typing up a full page of instructions when we would leave her with my parents, how much she loooooved peanut butter, her funny "submissive wetting," how she would position herself on the top step of the pool at my parent's house, how she would put her head on the side of the couch when she wanted to be petted, and how she would listen to Wade way better than to me. :)
But one of my memories that is both sweet and sad was after I had a miscarriage and surgery following. I came home and slept on the couch, and it almost felt like she knew I was upset. She sat right up next to me for hours as I cried. I will never forget that.
Our boys haven't known any different than having her as part of the family. We are so thankful for almost 12 years with such a great dog. We will love and miss you, Macy!
Friday, January 02, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment