Thursday, July 29, 2010

Uncle Gayle

On June 26, we lost a pretty special part of the Strzinek family. Wade's Uncle Gayle was someone who loved his family deeply, had a strong work ethic, and had a steadfast faith that was evident to all that knew him.

It was was fascinating at his memorial service to hear the stories from all of the parts of his long life. I knew that he had a successful professional career, but I had no idea that he served as COO for the company that developed the first ATM machine. Wow! But more than his professional achievements, I think we will all remember Uncle Gayle for his faith, his love for his family, and for his tight hugs. No one else hugs like he did. And I will always be thankful for how quickly and lovingly he welcomed me into the family.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Sorry so much for your loss! You should keep hugging like he did and this way keep his memory and carry it on.