Sunday, November 28, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween festivities started with Tate's preschool Costume Parade. Since his Halloween costume was very similar to what he wore on Western Day just a few weeks before, we looked through the dress-up clothes to find something else to wear. Yes, he was Dale Earn... Jr. Or #88 as Tate calls him. Oh boy, do you know how much control I had to let go of to be OK with him dressing up as a NASCAR driver? I was pretty proud of myself.

He loved wearing this and LOVED the helmet.
Of course, it was quite a task getting all of the kids in the class to look and smile for a group picture. One funny story was when I showed up, the little boy in the racing costume was standing by him. Tate had quite the look of awe in his eyes and said, "Mommy, look a monster-racing-motorbicycle driver." I'm pretty sure he was drooling over that boy's costume.

So then on Halloween, we continued the tradition of enjoying a pumpkin pizza.
The bummer of the day was that our camera died. On Halloween...not good timing. So some of the pictures are from my phone, and then my friend Melissa saved the day by sending me some of the pictures she took that night.

So here is our Cowboy Tate. Oh boy, did he love this costume. Especially the cowboy hat and cowboy boots. They are a regular clothing item of choice around here now.

And I had the most adorable puppy costume for Will. But in true unpredictable Texas weather fashion, it was a very warm Halloween (followed by a very cold day after Halloween). So that costume wasn't an option. Will sported the pumpkin jammies and horse bib to support his cowboy brother.
I think this may be the cutest picture ever of Tate with his sweet ballerina friend Jaycie. Love it and great job Melissa! :)
Tate absolutely loved trick-or-treating this year. Almost too much. He was pumped up, and it took awhile to reign in some of that excitement. But overall it was a fun night with several of his sweet friends and their sweet moms and dads.
And this attempt at a group picture with 7 kiddos turned out pretty good, I think.

1 comment:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Nice family pictures. Merry Christmas to you and family, Kelly.

Russ:)