Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Our Basketball Lovin' Tater TOT

Still behind on blogs, but here's one before I forget. This is the first year that Tate has been participating in an afterschool program at his preschool once a week called TOTs. They don't play on teams or compete but learn basketball handling skills with educational components. He has absolutely LOVED it!

I love that he loves it. And I love that it's an opportunity for him to get some energy out (there's plenty there) while focusing and learning.

There was a mid-year performance at a local high school basketball game a few weeks ago, and the TOTs group was the halftime show. I know I'm biased, but these kids were all pretty adorable. It was hilarious and chaotic at times but seriously cute! We were so proud of our Tater TOT! You can tell that the big court and all of the people were a lot to take in. I think he was quite in awe. :)

But he did great. And it's pretty funny when you could tell he could see his fan club on the other side of the gym. Poppy, Mo Mere, Uncle Ford, Aunt Tisha, Trip, & Mary Tish all came to cheer him on.

Way to go Tate, and we can't wait to watch you again in a few more months at the end-of-year show!

No comments: