Monday, November 19, 2012

Misc. September

A biggie for me and Wade in September was that we started a new small group at church. We have absolutely LOVED the small group we have been in the last almost five years and have developed wonderful friendships. But in recent months, we have seen the real need for more groups and specifically small group leaders. I will be honest in saying that the time between realizing the need to finally agreeing to start a new group was not always pretty. I'm not a fan of change...and especially change related to my friends. And knowing that my "yes" would result in sacrifice and possible discomfort for me and our family...not a fan of that either.

But at the same time, neither of us could shake the feeling that there was a huge hole and need. We have always been big fans of small groups and know firsthand the blessings they can provide. So (being honest) with some serious nervousness, we took the plunge. We had no idea if it would just be the two of us awkwardly sitting in an empty room. Or if people actually showed up, would they talk? Would they think we were crazys? But guess what...they showed up! It's still up for debate if we are crazys or not.

Now two + months into this adventure, I am beyond thrilled and grateful to the Lord for this opportunity and new friendships we are all forming. We have 7-9 families that are meeting with us regularly. It has been great. Most of them did not know each other and barely knew us. So it has been such a neat experience to see all of these families come together for a common purpose of building community.

I'm thankful for that nudge and whisper that wouldn't go away. I'm thankful for the strength, and at times courage, to get past my own desire for comfort and familiarity. I'm thankful for my friendships from the previous group in which I'm confident will continue. And I'm thankful for these new families who I join together with to tackle this crazy thing called life.

In other September news, we got a chance to go back to Marble Falls/Horseshoe Bay for a fun Labor Day Weekend with some of Wade's family. While there we celebrated the birthday combo of Wade & Trip and Wade's parent's 45th anniversary with a sweet video tribute Mary Tish made.
 
Tate's school had a Goodies with Grandparents early morning breakfast. He loved having Mimi & Grandpa there to show around.
And September in Texas is still very much summer time. Tate was ordered outside one night as he devoured a dipped cone. Wonder why? And I'm noticing a theme of the sleeveless shark shirt. It was worn approximately 2/3 of the summer months. He said he liked it because "the shark looked scary and it showed off his muscles." Ahhh....got to love the humility. :)

I had a memorable Date Night with Tate in a monsoon rain storm.
Our alma mater, ACU, played a game at Dallas Cowboys stadium. Purple, white, purple, white...fight, fight, fight!

 
And Will perfected his teeth brushing skillz.

No comments: