But I was still determined the rest of us were not going to get it. So poor kid got to learn all about a quarantine. And wear a mask. Yes I'm sure this will come up in his therapy sessions as an adult. But hey, it worked and no else got sick!
Plus he got to watch movies in his room. Never happens. Eat in his room. Never happens. And I was feeling really sorry him, so he got a new Lego set for no real reason. Never happens. Lots of puzzles, movies, Legos, and time at home. Being sick with the flu may have been a little too much fun. :)
On a school holiday, we headed down to Belton for a fun Cousin Day. Love watching these five play together.
And back in January, Tate had a "defining kid moment" of riding the bus for the first time. Our school district finally figured out a better solution to the crazy pay-for-busing situation. So at 2.25 miles from school, his ultimate dream came true. Riding the bus home. Seriously when I told him the news, you would've thought I just gave him a million dollars. He was so excited. And I sure was excited to see this cutie running full speed to me with a huge smile the first day. :)
And a random picture. But a reminder that I LOVE living in a place where on one side of the road you can be minutes away from wonderful restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. And on the other side of the road you can see an adorable miniature horse on acres of land. Rural, big-city, suburbia. And yes, I think these animals are the absolute CUTEST.
Below is Tate's self-portrait from Art Class. He explained that the blue figures are Tony Romo & Jason Witten playing the Steelers. And they are all at a stadium near an ocean where jet ski racers are competing. He also remembered to color in what he calls his "brown tooth" from when he was 2 years old and fell. This kid cracks me up.
Wade's company was a PTA sponsor this year at Tate's school. Such a fun surprise seeing this on the marquee one day! :)
I think this picture may have been from December. But these two cuties get to spend time together every now & then when the moms have big-kid activities. I love how Addison calls him "Wool." :)
And some more January fun:












No comments:
Post a Comment