Tate chose basketball from the options and had a good time. Majority of the kids who picked basketball were several years older, but he and a few other friends his age went for it. It was definitely a little bit of an eye-opener that playing the game basketball is not quite like the preschool TOT program.
One night (while completely exhausted), he came home really upset not understanding why everyone kept taking the ball from him. :) A good lesson in sports while still being a good sport. By the end of the four days, he was jumping right in there with the rest of them.
And yes, he wore that headband every single day. Totally his idea. And yes, I did wash it!
And oh my, I sure was proud of Mr. Will. I told one of our children's ministers that I didn't know how he would do since each night was a different schedule of activities. He had a few hard moments, but overall did great and was able to stay with the kids his age most of the time and loved all of the games and crafts. Sure made me happy to see these pictures of him having a good time. :)
And finally, I helped in the Art Room (hello air conditioning!). The kids did such a great job creating some beautiful works of art.
My friend Kelli & I had a group of 3rd grade boys. They called us "Y" & "I." They were pretty hilarious in a mix of a sweet, gross, funny kind of way. :) But that is what 3rd grade boys are supposed to do, right? They really were sweet, and I was pretty impressed with some of the things they shared during our break-out sessions.
Such a fun week, and I'm so thankful our church puts something like this on not only for our family but for several hundred around our community.













No comments:
Post a Comment