Monday, December 30, 2013

Misc. July

July was a fun month around these parts.

Our local high school baseball team puts on a great kid's baseball camp that Tate enjoyed.

And he also had a great time at Pine Cove's local base camp.
And we had a super fun time on a bizarrely "cool" evening on July at the Rangers game with friends.
Followed by another cool-ish evening at the Cats baseball game. July was a weird (not complaining) weather month.
Will discovered the selfie.
And these two had a pretty hysterical lunch date. :)


Since this is the only form of journal or scrapbook I've got going these days (and it's barely hanging on), I want to try to record some of the memorable news that happens. My memory is horrible these days, so I know I'll need some help in years to come. Some highlights to remember:
  • The Royal Baby - I'll admit I was a little intrigued/obsessed with the arrival of Prince George. I loved watching their wedding. And yes spent more time than I probably care to admit watching Royal specials on TV. But they really are fascinating. And seriously Prince William scored HUGE points looking all first-time-dad as he put the baby carrier in the car and drove home on his own. Loved it!
  • Kidd Kraddic - Some really sad news to remember. One of the first DJs that I ever "got to know" died in July at a really young age. What was kind of amazing about Kidd Kraddic was how many people my age grew up with him. I remember listening to him in 6th grade at night on The Eagle 97.1 listening to late-night love dedications. And his career seemed to evolve right alongside my demographic as the nationally syndicated show I still listened to (at 37) was a big hit with the suburban mom types. Very surreal and sad to know that he was gone. He had an incredible career with impressive contributions to wonderful causes. He will be missed. 

No comments: