He complied and the result was a perfect 15th anniversary spent together in Cabo. There's not a lot to tell about the trip. We really didn't do much, and I'm perfectly OK with that. :) We were on the beach every second we could get. Only time we left was for a beautiful sunset cruise to see the famous Arch of Cabo San Lucas.
And we loved the hotel. Such pretty views every time you turned around.
And possibly one of my favorite parts...there was no humidity. My hair looked normal and not like Monica from the Friends Jamaica episode. And yes we did wear the matching hotel robes. That's what you do on vacation. And eat breakfast on your balcony looking at this incredible view...vacation!
I took an absurd amount of pictures of the same beachfront, but I couldn't stop. It was that pretty.
And the waves were intense. Definitely not the kind of ocean you just float around in. But I could've sat on the beach listening to and watching the waves crash on the rocks for hours. So incredible. I don't understand all of the people laying by the pool. If there's a beach, that's where I'm at.
A fun part of the trip was the discovery of what may now be one of our all-time favorite restaurants, Edith's. It had everything going for it...delicious food and great atmosphere. Think non-cheesy, outdoor, romantic tiki hut with adorable light fixtures. We loved it so much we went back the next night again. Pretty sure it was the best shrimp scampi I've ever had, and Wade ranked the ribeye in his Top 3. And randomly, Pete Rose was there the same night as us. :)
Speaking of food...I also experienced the BEST guacamole ever. And that is saying a lot because I have had my fair share of guacamole. We ordered this at least once a day. Surely my hdl has gone up, right?
And I was so pleased when Wade did not totally roll his eyes at my crazy idea of waking up early to go down to the beach for the sunrise over the Sea of Cortez. It did not disappoint. Honestly I haven't really sat and watched that many sunrises. It felt like a very profound moment. Serious Carpe Diem. And it blows my mind that something that beautiful happens every single day. No matter what. I'm sure sunrises in Keller, Texas, are just as profound, right?
Right as the sun broke over the horizon we nerded out and played Here Comes The Sun on our phone. And a funny moment was when a man walked by and offered to take a picture of us. That's sweet...click. Then he said we should turn around and face the sun. OK that's a little funny awkward...click. But we complied and laughed the whole time.
This is when we were awkwardly laughing and wondering why we were still smiling for the camera while turned away from it. The random stranger made us do it. :)
The word is overused, but this was a moment when it had appropriate context...amazing!
Thankful to witness a beautiful part of this world and God's creation. Thankful to my parents for coming in town, so we could have four days away on our own. Thankful for all of the craziness of the last 15 years...the good, the bad, the ugly, and the wonderful. And thankful to be going through it all alongside this guy.


































































No comments:
Post a Comment