Thursday, May 22, 2014

Easter 2014

Compared to Easters in recent years (out of the country, sick kids, husband in hospital) this year was pretty low key, which we were thankful for.
This was the first year that Will really got into the whole Easter egg hunt thing. It was fun! An autism support group invited kids from his school and their families to a special Easter carnival. I think this is the first time either of my kids have had their pictures with the Easter bunny. That's all on me...I think Easter bunnies are crazy weird.

But both of the boys left soaked in sweat and with baskets full of eggs and candy. That of course equals a good time! The kids were split up by age group, so I was only able to get pics of Will. Tate got his eggs in about 1.7 seconds. :)
 Counting down in 5, 4...
 And they're off!
And then on Easter Sunday, we had a wonderful service at church (which may or may not have included an epic meltdown by one of my children).  :) Afterwards, we headed to Tisha & Ford's house for lunch and another egg hunt.

I've had this sports coat for Tate for almost two years, and it finally fit right. I thought he looked so cute...and so grown up! Of course, what I didn't have that fit was a belt. And we couldn't ever get the Rangers "temporary" tattoo off his face. And I completely forgot to get a family picture of all four of us. It is what it is. :)
Mary Tish did a beautiful job decorating the table and making some delicious cupckaes!
And then it was time to find some more eggs.
It was a fun couple of days. And I'm thankful for the special day set aside to remember the beauty that is the Easter story, full of sacrifice and redemption.

No comments: