
I think it's supposed to represent the Italian"passionate spirit." It reminded me of the red Power Ranger on fire.

The only word the comes to mind..."Ricollllllllaaaaaa!"

A Ferrari? I guess this was their weak effort to connect to the male audience in the middle of all the symbolism and interpretive dancing. The odd part was that it came onto the stage, revved the engine, did some donuts, and was engulfed in smoke from the burning rubber. You couldn't really see much. But, I guess it was enough to get some testosterone flowing.

This was actually one of the coolest parts. All of these dancers were organized into a formation like a giant skier. They would move around so it looked like he was skiing. Pretty impressive.

Then, the opposite extreme. This guy started his dance dressed up in a suit. To represent the transition to Italy's future, he stripped down to the jumpsuit and Mohawk. I'm not sure how that represents the future...it looks pretty '80s to me.

And, alas the lighting of the torch. I don't know how or why it happens, but in true "Oh-my-gosh-I'm-turning-into-my-mother-fashion," I got all teary-eyed when it was lit.

No comments:
Post a Comment