Thursday, February 23, 2006

Four Things...

This has made its way around several blogs, and I just received it from a friend...

Four jobs you have had in your life:
1. Birthday Card coordinator at a dentist's office (first job ever...must be where my greeting card obsession began)
2. PR Intern @ Four Seasons
3. Student worker @ ACU Office of Media Relations
4. Communications VP @ AHA (current one...not as glamorous as it sounds...i love it, though)

Four movies you would watch over and over (not necessarily my top favorites, but ones I watch often):
1. Sense and Sensibility
2. Napoleon Dynamite
3. The Molly Ringwald Triple Threat: The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink
4. About A Boy

Four books I could read over & over:
It's so horrible to say, but I can't ever re-read books! I like it once, but don't seem to have the attention span (or maybe imagination) to read it again.

Four places you have lived:
1. Houston/Sugar Land, TX
2. Hurst, TX
3. Abilene, TX
4. Fort Worth, TX

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Oprah (the bulk of my recorded Tivo time)
2. Survivor
3. Inside the Actors Studio
4. Currently...the Winter Olympics

Four memorable places you have been on vacation:
1. Near-death skiing experience in Breckenridge, CO
2. Honeymoon in Kiawah Island, SC
3. Marathon in Hawaii
4. Philadelphia (most recent...very cool city)

Four web sites I visit daily:
1. americanheart.org
2. oprah.com (I really want tickets to the show!)
3. weather.com
4. blogs, blogs, blogs

Four of my favorite foods:
1. whole wheat bread with Peter Pan reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter & Diet Coke
2. Chipotle guacamole (the best ever!)
3. Blue Bell Birthday Cake ice cream
4. Wade's spaghetti

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Playa del Carmen (best beach location)
2. Oprah Winfrey Show
3. Torino, Italy, for the Olympics in lots of snow!
4. any vacation destination with Wade

Four friends I am tagging to do their own "Four things":
Anyone who reads this...either on your own blog or as a comment for my non-blogging friends and family (get a blog! ) :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four jobs you have had in your life:
1. Grocery sacker/checker at Tom Thumb
2. Ice cream scooper at Milwaukee Joe's
3. Certified Nurse Aide at Hendrick
4. Registered Nurse in the ER at Hendrick

Four movies you would watch over and over (not necessarily my top favorites, but ones I watch often):
1. Steel Magnolias
2. Napoleon Dynamite
3. Meet the Parents
4. The Breakfast Club

Four books I could read over & over:
Umm, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't read a non school book all the way through in a long time. Sad, sad, I know.

Four places you have lived:
1. Houston/Sugar Land, TX
2. North Richland Hills/Hurst, TX
3. Abilene, TX


Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. The Office
2. ER reruns
3. Anything on HGTV
4. Anything on TLC

Four memorable places you have been on vacation:
1. New York City/Montreal Canada
2. St. Petersburg FL-honeymoon
3. Road trip from TX to South Carolina
4. Pier 39 trips with Grandma Ellie in California

Four web sites I visit daily:
1. yahoo.com
2. firstfinancial.com
3. weather.com
4. blogs or pregnancy websites

Four of my favorite foods:
1. toasted wheat bread with peanut butter and sliced bananas
2. chicken fajitas
3. chips and queso
4. mac and cheese in the blue box (I'm buying it in bulk these days)

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. somewhere warm and sunny (with Brad of course)
2. at a fabric store with lots of money to go crazy with!
3. New York City again
4. I can't think of anywhere else since I'm home and off work!

Kelly said...

Yay Shannon! Thanks for sharing. :) I forgot about Meet The Parents! And, I forgot about the Montreal trip...good times!

Anonymous said...

Ey Babe,

Merci pour vos compliments sur mes spaghetti. Cependant je souhaite que vous aviez nommé PARIS sur votre liste de vacances !

Je vous aime de toute façon!

Wade

TRANSLATION:

Hey Babe,

Thanks for the props for my spaghetti. But that doesn't make up for the fact that you left PARIS off of your list of vacations!

I love you anyway!

Wade

Anonymous said...

Yeah Kelly, I think I would replace your "near death" skiing experience with Paris. Ha!

mdlg said...

Kelly, I never do these things, but since you asked and I like you so much...

4 jobs in my life:
1. paperboy - that's right with a bike and bag of newspapers and everything
2. shoe salesman at JC Penney
3. cancer lab research assistant
4. long term substitute teacher at juvenile detention center - the job that kind of led me into counseling

4 movies to watch over and over:
1. Lonesome Dove
2. Any Harry Potter movie
3. Pretty Woman (I'm embarrassed)
4. A Knight's Tale

4 books to read over and over:
1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2X already)
2. The Chosen (2X already)
3. Lonesome Dove (2X already)
4. Forgiven Forever (2X already)

4 places I have lived:
1. Amarillo, TX
2. Stephenville, TX
3. Abilene, TX
4. New Orleans, LA (for 6 weeks one summer - does that count)

4 TV shows I love to watch:
1. Gray's Anatomy
2. Gilmore Girls (again, embarrassed)
3. That 70's Show
4. Friends re-runs

4 memorable vacation spots:
1. Niagra Falls
2. Lost Lake, Colorado
3. Malibu, CA
4. Glen Rose, TX

4 websites visited daily:
1. cnn.com
2. thepaceline.com
3. askmen.com
4. google.com

4 favorite foods:
1. JoAllen's BBQ
2. Burger King Whopper
3. Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Pop Tarts
4. mom's tortillas

4 places I'd rather be right now:
1. Uruguay w/ Angie
2. Abilene at ACU
3. Spain
4. with friends

Anonymous said...

Hey Wade that was pretty funny! - I agree with Shannon....Paris should replace the "Near-Death" :)

Four Jobs:
1. Hostess @ Pappasittos
2. Singer @ Fiesta Texas
3. Sea Lion/Beluga Whale Trainer @ SeaWorld
4. "Dog Treat Maker" :)

Four Movies:
1. When Harry Met Sally
2. The Goodbye Girl
3. Seabiscuit
4. Sense and Sensibility

Four Books:
1. Gone with the Wind
2. Joy Luck Club
3. Jurassic Park
4. When God Came Near

Four Places:
1. Dallas, TX
2. San Antonio, TX
3. Lubbock, TX
4. Abilene,TX

Four TV Shows:
1. Gilmore Girls
2. American Idol
3. Great Hotels (Travel Channel)
4. Paula Deen's Cooking Show (Food Network)

Four Memorable Vacations:
1. Florida Keys (honeymoon)
2. Hawaii (big island)
3. Disney World
4. Road Trip starting in Vegas, and ending in Sedona, Arizona.

Four Web sites:
1. Bankofamerica.com
2. foodnetwork.com
3. justdogsgourmet.com
4. ebay

Four Favorite Foods:
1. Glazed Croussiants from HEB
2. Cheeseburger from Longhorn Cafe
3. Tortillas and Queso from Alamo Cafe
4. Chicken Fried Steak and Biscuits from Babe's Chicken!

Four Places I would rather be:
1. Disney World
2. Babes' Chicken
3. An all-inclusive resort on a beach
4. Disney World

Kelly said...

Yay Garyn! I'm so excited that you posted. :) You're making me crave Babe's. Disney World twice...you're funny! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!