Friday, May 12, 2006

Baby Strz

I've been blogging with a secret lately. I figure it's time to let the cat out of the bag...I'm pregnant!

I'm a little over 10 weeks now and should be due around December 6. The last couple months have been quite a roller coaster of emotions. Having been through a miscarriage last year, the first few weeks of this pregnancy have been a little different than last. Lots of worry and fear hoping that the same thing wouldn't happen.

But so far, so good. In fact right after 8 weeks, we were able to have the first sonogram. We could see the little heart beating and even hear it already. It's a pretty amazing and unbelievable feeling seeing and hearing that little beating heart...inside me??!! We are very thankful for the progress so far and are very prayerful that it will continue.

So, there you have it. Wade & I are getting more and more excited with each day that passes and the realization that this could be the baby we've been waiting for and wanting for some time. The journey continues!

5 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Congratulations! It is my first time to visit your blog and look at the news! I am so happy for you.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Congrats, Kelly!!! Man, I found your blog JUST IN TIME!! That is great news, and I know it is truly an answered prayer for you guys. Baby Strz is so blessed already to have you and Wade as mommy and daddy. We will continue to pray that all goes well and that the baby grows healthy and strong! Keep us all posted!

Kelly said...

Thanks so much Paige & Chelsea! Wade & I are both really happy. The first month was quite nerve-wrecking, but with each day, we get more and more excited.

This blog thing has been so much fun re-connecting with so many people. We just got back from ACU graduation, so it's fun to hear from our Abilene friends!

Deana Nall said...

Kelly -- how exciting! I'll be praying that everything continues to go well. You two will be such fun parents!

Wendy said...

Hey, Kelly, I just stumbled on to your blog, and I am so happy to hear about your pregnancy! Congrats!