I've broken the blog rules of going way too long without blogging. I'm sure my dedicated readers are distraught. :) It's been a busy couple of weeks, and a recent trip to Las Vegas kept me away.
I have to say that I've had my Vegas fill. I don't think I'll have the desire to go back for about another 10 years. It was an interesting trip, since I was there with my parents. Pretty funny!
The highlight of the trip was the Celine Dion concert. I agree that she's the goofiest and at times, the cheesiest performer out there. Once you get past that, the performance is pretty great. She has an incredible voice, and the staging and dancers are impressive.
The downside of the trip is the sensory overload. I don't know how anyone can be there more than 3 days without losing it. Losing it mentally or monetarily.
I quickly realized that I'm too cheap for Vegas. The quarter slots were big time for me, and I had to search high and low for a $5 game table...hidden in between all of the $10-$25 minimum tables...no thanks!
Needless to say, I didn't come back any richer. Just a dull headache from the constant ringing and new appreciation for fresh air!
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So, did you bet with the big dogs or just bluff your way through like you did in Oregon?? I'm interested to see how the trip was. Still want to go to Vegas sometime with you.... And I was distraught.
Just the craps table. I love that game, because you can be cheap like me and bet 1 chip at a time and actually stay in a round for awhile. Needless to say, you don't win much that way.
And why was it "so funny" since you were with your parents?
I enjoyed being with my daughter in Vegas....sharing the experience of a Mardi Gras parade in the sky at the Rio (my ears are still ringing from the noise); listening to Celine's beautiful voice as she sang (and rolling my eyes when she spoke); letting my daughter play MY $ at 3 card poker and lose 4 hands in a row!
Shannon, it's your turn next honey! Can't wait!
Love MoM
Post a Comment