This definitely does make the whole idea of having a baby much more real and exciting. First was the initial relief of seeing that the heartbeat was strong and vital organs were in place. Then, the excitement was that it was clearly a boy.
So after that concept settled in, my mind really started racing:
- What kind of mom and dad will we be like?
- What will he look like?
- How will I handle gross boy stuff?
- Can I survive his broken bones and bloody noses?
- Puberty...Yikes!
- What girls will he date?
- What kind of mother-in-law will I be like?
So many things to consider. For now, we'll slow down and take one day at a time. First things first... a name. Hmmmmm?
We are continually thankful for this amazing blessing from God!
____________________________
Although he looks somewhat skeletonish, I thought this sonogram picture was too cute. He looks like he's looking right into the camera and waving hello!

9 comments:
Boys are so much fun. You will do great with all the 'boy stuff.' Hope you are feeling good.
Congratulations, Kelly. You and Wade are so blessed and will be great parents regardless of the gender.
It does make it more real to learn the gender. You can register for the appropriate items. You can figure out the name and begin calling him by his name. You can finally get his room ready. Things will kick into gear now.
Jill and I will be at VRCC on the 30th. Hope to see you guys.
Yeah!! A boy to pass on the Strz name! :) Congratulations. And, I agree, as soon as you find out what it is, the list of questions start pouring out of your head.
We've had two girls, and although my list looks very different, there are still all kinds of questions about puberty, being a mother in law, and raising them to date GOOD GUYS....hey, now we can add another option to our list--baby Strz! :)
Saw on Paige's blog you are a fellow Project Runway fan... couldn't let it go without a comment on your blog!! Congrats on the baby boy! Boys love their mommys.
Thanks everyone for your comments! It has been a fun week and is making the thought of a baby in our home much more real. Now, I can say our son....weird! :)
How fun! When I was pregnant, I thought I wanted a girl, but I have so enjoyed having a little boy. Do you have any names in mind yet?
Congrats on the BOY!!! I love boys, they are a blast. They are so unpredictable. You guys will make great boy parents. So happy for you. I am a little jealous, because I read on Taylor's blog you saw Heather last weekend. She is coming to my house in 2 days, but still I am about to die. I don't know if I will make it these 2 days. Funny how the metro plex is so big "in town" is such a relative term. I look forward to more baby up dates.
Monica (Sorrells) Head
Test Comment by Wade
Kelly,
Old friend of Wade's from high school and was sooo excited to hear you guys are having a little boy! I have had sooo much fun being a mommy to a little boy. I didn't have brothers, so each day has been a new experience :) but they are truly such little blessings, so adventurous. Nathan has no fear... which has been good and bad :) God bless you as you prepare for his arrival, rest, relax, and get all those "you and Wade" things in that you always wanted to do before your new little one comes, I wish we had done more of that. But the time will come again, just in about 18 years right :)
Post a Comment