I might really be going out on a limb here and exposing a strange quirk I have (one of many). Oh well, here goes...
I love getting the mail.
Is that strange? I love getting home from work and getting a fresh pile of mail to sort through. It's somewhat disappointing when it's all junk mail that is thrown away. Some of my most favorite mail items:
* Newsweek (complete geekiness here)
* the monthly checking account statement (great feeling of accomplishment to balance out the account)
* any version of a greeting card, letter, or note (it's fun even when Macy gets a birthday card from the vet!)
* the Pottery Barn catalog
* a charity direct mail piece with personalized address labels
I know that people complain every time the price of a postage stamp goes up, but you have to admit, it's still a pretty good deal to be able to send a piece of mail across the country for only 39 cents!
Ahhhh, the simple pleasures in life!
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am totally with you! Our housing edition has community mailboxes, which require a key and are a little ways down the street. I lost my key a couple weeks ago and had to steal Scott's so that I can check the mail without waiting for him to get home. I take Casen with me, and it's like a little outing! Wow that sounds really sad...
It's a sister thing. I love getting the mail also. I get mad at Brad when he gets the mail before me (especially since he knows how much I love to be the first to read through it!). I love all the catalogs too! One of the reasons I love staying at your house by the way:)
Snail mail is better and more personal than email. i try (TRY) to send out notes once a month to people-b/c I know it makes them smile.
Have a good day-the countdown is getting shorter and shorter! Yikes-I will keep praying. :)
Susan
Hey Babe,
I don't have a problem with you getting the mail. However, you need to change your sorting process. You're supposed to sort then read. Not read as you sort.
It drives me crazy when I know I have mail but you won't let me have it simply because you haven't gotten to it in the stack yet.
Remember: Sort then read!
Otherwise I may have to start filtering the mail myself at the mailbox and leave behind anything that is not "Wade-specific" for you to get later.
Glad to hear I'm not alone with my mail quirk. :)
Post a Comment