
So the playoffs have begun. I’ll admit, I’m not a true diehard. I really don’t get into the Mavs season until about now when it gets exciting. As much as hopefully Wade appreciates that I can sit down and watch an entire basketball game, there are definite funny differences in us that come out during the playoff season.
I’m still a fan of Steve Nash and loved when he and Dirk played together. The really tall and not-so-tall best friend thing was too cute. So, it makes me a little sad when they have to play against each other…who wants to beat their best friend?
Winning or losing does not affect my day. When the Mavs have lost really big games in the past, Wade gets really upset. Not throw things around the house upset (thank goodness!), but the kind of bummed out, take it personally upset. This is so strange to me. It stinks that they might have lost, but I know that there wasn’t much more cheering that I could’ve done to change it, so I don’t let it get to me.
I love to see any footage of Mark Cuban. Wade’s company used to have season tickets, so we were able to go to several games a few years ago. I spent half the game with our binoculars watching Mark Cuban. The guy is hilarious to me. It’s not a crush, but a true fascination to see someone so eccentric and passionate about basketball.
I know, all of this adds up to the fact that I’m not a true MFFL (Mavs Fan For Life). But, I do appreciate a good game and the excitement of the local team winning…so GO MAVS!
PS: I took the cutest picture of Tate wearing a Mavs outfit, but Wade has officially called dibs on it for his blog posting on the Mavs coming soon. Since his posting won’t be near the disgrace to the team’s hard work that mine probably is, I’ll let him have it.
I’m still a fan of Steve Nash and loved when he and Dirk played together. The really tall and not-so-tall best friend thing was too cute. So, it makes me a little sad when they have to play against each other…who wants to beat their best friend?
Winning or losing does not affect my day. When the Mavs have lost really big games in the past, Wade gets really upset. Not throw things around the house upset (thank goodness!), but the kind of bummed out, take it personally upset. This is so strange to me. It stinks that they might have lost, but I know that there wasn’t much more cheering that I could’ve done to change it, so I don’t let it get to me.
I love to see any footage of Mark Cuban. Wade’s company used to have season tickets, so we were able to go to several games a few years ago. I spent half the game with our binoculars watching Mark Cuban. The guy is hilarious to me. It’s not a crush, but a true fascination to see someone so eccentric and passionate about basketball.
I know, all of this adds up to the fact that I’m not a true MFFL (Mavs Fan For Life). But, I do appreciate a good game and the excitement of the local team winning…so GO MAVS!
PS: I took the cutest picture of Tate wearing a Mavs outfit, but Wade has officially called dibs on it for his blog posting on the Mavs coming soon. Since his posting won’t be near the disgrace to the team’s hard work that mine probably is, I’ll let him have it.

5 comments:
It's a guy thing!
Must be a guy thing for sure. I'm impressed that you actually used players names!! I am clueless.
I'm sure Wade is really proud to call you his wife after you said Dirk and Steve's friendship was "cute"!! Ha!
I'm completely with you. I do not understand men and sports. Brad will be pumped for UT football and then yell at the TV and ask himself why he is a fan. I don't get it.
So what happened to those Mavs on Sunday? Go Golden State!!!!!!!!!
Guess who!
So fun to find your blog and see the adorable pictures of Tate! Glad everyone is doing well, loved the bluebonnet pics! One of these days we need to get our boys together, they're not too far apart!
Post a Comment