Thursday, June 25, 2009

Going Under The Knife…I Mean Balloon

Woo-hoo, it’s over! The anticipation of a surgery looming is the worst. I’m glad it’s over and thankful that it went well. My doctor says the everything went great, except for the fact that I seemed to have a high amount of bleeding. Not sure if I really needed to know that or not. But other than that, he seems optimistic that it will relieve most of my sinus headaches.

It’s very strange that a tiny balloon (think angioplasty) can make that much difference. And it’s strange that by looking at me, you can’t tell I just had surgery. Although my post-anesthesia, loopiness might give something away. Coming out of full anesthesia is one of the most bizarre things. As I was in the recovery room and was back and forth from sleep to alert, I remember feeling like Darth Vadar with huge, ginormous arms. The oxygen mask must have been the Darth Vadar issue, but I'm not sure about the huge arms. So weird??

The recovery from the surgery is supposed to be relatively easy. I’m still pretty tired and a little uncomfortable, but that should go away soon. The hardest part is that I’m not supposed to lift more than 10 lbs. for a week and then no more than 20 lbs. the next week. Ummmmm…since Tate is 30 lbs. these days, I’m not sure how that is going to work. He may be learning some new climbing tricks.

Now I’m supposed to rest with as little activity as possible. Thank goodness for laptops, because there is really nothing good on TV, and I can’t take much more of the news coverage about the South Carolina governor’s rendezvous in Argentina. Maybe I’ll finally get our vacation pictures from last month posted.

I’m so very thankful for the blessings of modern medicine and sweet family and friends!

9 comments:

Amy said...

so glad to hear it went well. hope it solves your sinus headache problems. look forward to seeing you soon!

Pearson Family said...

I sure hope it helps! Let me know the tricks you are using not to pick up that precious one....I will need them in a few weeks.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, I just commented on your post about your upcoming surgery & now I just read that you've had it already! That is wonderful news that your surgery went well! Yeah, I'm not supposed to pick up anything heavier than the baby for a few weeks... looks like Alex is going to have to climb in & out of his crib! Tate & Alex are definitely going to learn some tricks! Now rest up & relax as much as you can!

Shannon said...

So glad it went well!! We were thinking about you all day yesterday.

Kendra said...

Well, glad it went well for you - surgery of any kind is no fun! Now you can lay back and watch all the coverage about the deaths of Michael Ja.ckson and Fara.h Faucet, yes? Missed getting to see you in the waiting room this week! Chris looked lonely!

Phillips Family said...

Glad that it went well and you are feeling semi-normal. Do you need anything...dinner, a babysitter, boxes that magically unpack themselves?

Jody said...

So thankful you are in good shape! I have missed you!!

Holly said...

So glad your surgery went well. I hope you are fully recovered very soon. You have had one crazy, busy summer! Rest up, enjoy it while you can!

Appletree said...

I just try to imagine how you are resting with just having moved houses and a small kid... hmmmmm I am sure that will work out perfectly??!

Glad that you are well - send pictures of your new house, will you? I am curious :-)