Monday, December 21, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009...Rock Band Style

The rate I’m going on this blog, maybe we’ll be into December posts by the time Christmas actually arrives. This year was yet another fun Thanksgiving with both sides of the family.

We had a new first this year with Tate’s Thanksgiving Feast at his school. We even had an entire table to ourselves because he had so many guests. On days like this, I’m reminded what a blessing it is to live in the same area as both sets of grandparents. Something to definitely be thankful for. And it’s fun to see what a unique, special relationship he has with each of them.





For Thanksgiving #1 with the Strzineks, I unfortunately don’t have many pictures. This year we ordered a fully catered Thanksgiving meal that you pick up ready to go. It was really delicious, a good deal, and a big timesaver. This picture is from Uncle Phillip and is the only one I have. We were thankful that he was with us this year.



Thanksgiving #2 with the Enrights has a few more pictures (mainly to document the evidence). My Mom loves making the traditional meal and slaves away all day. I seriously may never have to cook a turkey for many more years, because she enjoys it so much. More power to ya! And we always enjoy having our long-time family friends, the Barberenas, with us.

The highlight this year was the new addition of Rock Band. And if you know my family and husband, it was only fitting that we got The Beatles Rock Band. The little kids got to break in the set and play a little (see video) before bedtime. Pretty cute.

Then late into the evening, the big kids took a whirl at it. I debated for a long time on whether I would (or should) post this video. But hey, I’m always one to keep it real and to laugh at myself…and various family members. My observation on RockBand. Vocals are the way to go. The guitar is way too hard and the drums are pretty tricky. On vocals, you get to have fun.


See the concentration in the Enright sister’s faces as we try to play drums together?


Even Mom got in on the fun.

And here’s the video that may have to later be deleted. :) After the cute little kid’s turn, you’ll see what I’m talking about. Disclaimers: It was really, really late. I’m exhausted, almost 20 weeks pregnant, this is the 700th song we did that night, and it’s midnight. I’m just trying to liven things up and not get too bored. Come on, when does a SAHM get to pretend to be a rock star? As you can see from Wade’s intense concentration, it’s a very serious game.



Funny that my Dad never did participate but seems to be having a good laugh in the background? Smart man. Who knows what will happen when we try again at Christmas?

Another Thanksgiving down, and another year of one of my favorite little poems:

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crackin up! We've got to loosen Shannon up! ;)

Shannon said...

Okay. I don't think you got my permission to post that video!!!! But, it is hilarious. Just wait till Brad plays over Christmas!

Karen, it is really hard to watch the screen AND know which drum to hit AND have rhythm all at the same time:) Obviously musical instruments aren't on my "special talent" list!!!

Kendra said...

You go girl!! Loved it!!