Monday, December 28, 2009

The Big Reveal

Still in blog catch-up mode…back on December 8, Wade & I went to my dr. appt. for the big reveal sonogram. We were first thrilled to see little Baby Strz moving around (moving a lot according to the sonogram technician) and appearing to have all of the important working, operating parts. And then we were both thrilled and shocked to learn the news that we’re having another boy!

I try to be pretty honest on this ‘ol blog, so I will share that as incredibly thankful as I am for what still looks to be a very healthy baby, I was in some serious shock at the thought of a house full of boys.

I think I was most shocked because I came from a house where the girls outnumbered my Dad 3-1 (or 4-1 if you include the dog). And as my pregnancy progressed, everyone around me was convinced this baby was a girl. I tried to stay neutral in what I thought it might be, but probably had it in my head subconsciously that it was a girl. We headed back into the waiting room before I saw my doctor and my first question to Wade was, “So does this mean they’re going to toot on each other all of the time?” His response was a definite yes. :)

My shock has lessened and excitement for a house full of boys has increased these past weeks. I’ve talked to several moms of all boys and know that there are some fun times ahead for our family. And I can't wait to see what the brother relationship will be like for he and Tate.

I continue to be amazed and humbled at the work that is happening as the One who gives us life is using my body to form this little human. The longer you go through it and think about it, it’s really quite bizarre and incredible. I also know from our own experience and from the experiences of so many friends around us that a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby aren’t to be taken for granted. I’m forever grateful for what we’ve been given so far.

This pregnancy is already flying by, but I’m trying so hard to enjoy it as much as possible and relish in my special time with this little guy as I feel more and more of his kicks and moves.

And we of course can’t wait to meet this little person that is going to make up our family, and we already have so many questions about him. What will he look like? What will his personality be like? Will he be a sports and cars kind of guy like Tate or will we get to learn about all kinds of new things? Will he and Tate be best buddies? Will they really wrestle and toot on each other all of the time? So many things to think about and wonder. Good times ahead.

4 comments:

Contact Me for an appointment said...

That is so exciting!!!! I am so amazed for you to have such a difference experience with this child. God uses each experierence to shape us and you and Wade have been amazing to watch. I love having the same gender of kiddos...it is so fun to enjoy the same things yet be so different. I love matching the girls, too. You will also find your special things. I think you are the perfect mom for boys. As I have seen you from a glimpse through this blog you understand your son and your husband and you know how to meet their needs. They are going to be blessed to have a mom like you! Enjoy as you finish this pregnancy and go into the stage of life...two kids!!!!!! If you ever wonder if you can love your second child as much as the first...THE ANSWER IS YES!!!! My first child was a gift, a gift we received from God through infertility and then again when premature in nicu...and then my second came and my heart was full all over again and it remains full for both! Prayers and blessings for you!

Audra Laney said...

Kelly, I often wonder about when we have another baby and it's a boy if I'll be over-the-top thrilled or wondering if I'll ever dig my way out of cars & football gear!

But then Andrew reminds me that brothers share a great bond and fight less than girls as they get older. Let's hope that's true!

Congrats to you and Wade!

Kendra said...

SO many good times ahead! Expect blessings! (and toots, and burps, and all sorts of, well, BOY things!)

Jody said...

I love what everyone has said! SO perfect and so true!

I get a smile on my face everytime I think about meeting this sweet little one. We are continuing to pray for a perfectly healthy baby boy.

Love you,
Janell

I know where to send Alex when he needs to be more rough and tumble. Oh, and I also know where to send Addison when I am worn out from the drama ; ). When I send her, you can send the boys here. ; )