
So this morning Texas Stadium (or local eye sore as it's also been called) was imploded. It was quite the news story over the last few days. I'm sure when it opened 30+ years ago, it was an impressive sight. But poor thing has seen better days and now lives in the shadow of the new and improved, ginormous-screened stadium. I wonder at what point that one will seem old?
So for my own memory file, my visits to Texas Stadium:
- Michael Jackson concert (20th row on the field)
- various high school football playoff games
- a few Dallas Cowboys games (I guess I should remember those better)
- the one game I do remember was when Wade & I were dating...Thanksgiving Day game 1996
- 'N Sync concert (I have no shame to admit that)
- Tour of Texas Stadium (me, Wade, Shannon, & Brad)
- and for 4 years, we lived in apartments very close by and I drove by it every day to work
So long Texas Stadium!

No comments:
Post a Comment