Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Top 10....woops...Top 9

Never quite got around to an AI post last week. Was bummed to see Didi go but figured it was going to happen soon. LOVED Lee last week.

On to this week and the Top 9. I live with a serious Beatles fan, so of course, all performances were under major scrutiny. Overall opinion was that it could've collectively been much worse. But again, this season is not proving to have an overall impressiveness to it yet.

The star of the night surely had to be Casey.


I had never heard that song before but loved it. He was great and the guitar playing was impressive. Speaking as someone who knows nothing about guitar playing that is. With the looks, guitar, voice, and hair, I'm thinking he's in at least the Top 3.

The others:

Aaron ~ Wade says I'm way too harsh on the kid. But come on, this week was cheese. Same thing I keep saying...yes, he has a good voice. But I don't see more than that.

Crystal ~ Great performance. I half expected the judges to say it was too similar to what she normally does. But it was still great. She's still great. The "diggety-do" or whatever it's called was funny.

Katie ~ Normally I'm not her biggest fan, but I thought she did pretty great this week. I was impressed.

Lee ~ Well, he definitely wins the award for randomness. I couldn't stop laughing when the bagpipe guy came walking down the stairs. So strange? And it was right at the part of the song that he was getting really good. I want him to do so well (like last week) but think he lets his nerves get the best of him.

Michael ~ It's not my preferred style of music, but his rendition I thought was pretty cool. Different and unique. Not necessarily what I'm going to pay to listen to, but I'm sure there is a market out there for it.

Siobhan ~ I love that song but agreed with what Kara said. I didn't quite get it. Not sure why, but I wasn't crazy about it. It wasn't bad. And thank goodness, she finally didn't scream, but I still just didn't get it. Maybe I just don't get her?

Tim ~ You've got to hand it to the guy for persevering. And you have to admit that it could've been much worse. Not bad. Not impressive by any means, but an improvement for him.

So for me (sounds like Randy-speak), it's time for Andrew to go home. I just wanted him to do so good, but it's not going to happen. I didn't like tonight's song choice. It was too cheesy/poppy. Too bad as he seems to have lots of potential.

Still waiting for a wow moment from someone. Not sure with this group that it's going to happen. Or did I just miss it?


No comments: