Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Preschool Program & Last Day 2009-2010

Tate's first year of preschool has come to a close. And to finish the year, the school had the end-of-year-program. This was the first time Tate performed with a big audience watching, so we weren't sure how he would do. He did great! My pictures are horrible and the video is messed up, but Tate sang his little heart out. He especially liked the part when they got to yell (loudly).


After the program we went back to his classroom for an Open House. Tate had a great year in his Bees class. I know he learned many great things like numbers, colors, seasons, etc. But to me, some of the best lessons and skills learned in a classroom at his age are sharing, taking turns, respecting and listening to teachers, waiting in line (quietly), good manners when eating, and all of those fun things. We are still working on some of those, but being in school twice a week definitely helped.

He made great friends and often talked about them at home. Most days when I would pick him up and ask him about his day, the first words were that "I played with cars." I'm pretty sure he found a way to incorporate a car somewhere in each day. He also liked going to Chapel and singing "with motions." I had known that they do a Spanish session during the day, but couldn't ever get out of him what they learned. Finally one day I heard him singing a song in Spanish counting 1-10.

Each day he would bound into the classroom barely looking back to say bye, so I think it's safe to say he enjoyed it. I know that he loved his teachers, Ms. Erin & Ms. Alicia, as we had many conversations throughout the week where he would talk about them. And now he LOVES watching the year-end video and pointing them out along with many friends.



Overall, it was a great first year. Looking at these pictures from his first day and his last day, I can't believe how much bigger and older he looks. Time is going so fast!

First Day ~ September 2009



Last Day ~ May 2010



And I hated that I didn't have any good video from the program. So the other day, I had Tate give an encore performance. Yes, we are in the bathroom. It was the only place I could find that he wasn't distracted...and even that didn't work entirely! The first video is their memory verse, Psalm 16:11. The second video is their song, Joy Down In My Heart. Be prepared as you may need to turn down the volume...gotta love him! :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Love, love, love him!!!! He and Uncle Brad can sing together next time we see y'all. Brad sang that same song when he was around 5:) I love the "in the middle" part of his verse. He's getting so big!!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, those videos are so cute! I remember singing that song in first grade! I still know all the words :) It's amazing how much Tate has changed from his 1st day of school pics to his last day of school pics. So happy to hear that he had a wonderful year in preschool!