Will turned 1 month old on the 15th (better late than never)! I was excited to put him in his 1 month onesie that my sister made. For Tate, I did the block pictures every month, and now Will has his own wardrobe for monthly birthdays. It will be so fun to watch as he grows.
He has been a very good baby so far. When he is awake, his temperament seems to be pretty easy-going. We're hoping that continues! We love staring at his face trying to figure out who he looks like and what features he has from which family member. Seems to be a mixture of all of us. But those cheeks may be the cutest of all. And the big question is what will happen with his hair. The first few weeks, it seemed like it was coming out, but now I'm not so sure.
He definitely likes the pacifier and being swaddled, which can calm him down right away if he is upset. But he is a strong little guy and is already breaking out of most swaddles at night.
He gets lots of attention from his big brother. Lots and lots of attention. :) Pretty much anytime Tate is walking by Will, he has to stop and give him a little pat or a "Will looks happy!" declaration after getting right in his face. Amazingly, Will doesn't' seem to mind at all. In fact, he's quick to look around in Tate's direction when he hears him. Here is Will being checked on by Dr. Tate.
And speaking of doctors, even though he's been a good baby, he has already had his fare share of trips to the pediatrician. I guess he wants to be like his big brother, so like Tate did, he's had a little trouble gaining weight. We've had to go back for several weight checks. He's gaining, but just not fast enough. I'm trying to avoid the ordeal I went through with Tate and his weight. It's been disappointing and frustrating, but obviously making sure Will gets what he needs and starts putting on the pounds is what's most important. So I'm transitioning to formula and hoping that will do the trick quickly. He is definitely growing in length, though, and is already over 23 inches long.
It also looks like he's going to meet some of the wonderful people at Our Children's House, where Tate spent lots of time, too. I don't think it's the same issues that Tate had, but it looks like Will has torticollis (tightening in the neck muscle and tilting to one side) and is going for a physical therapy evaluation next week. Hopeful and prayerful that it can be resolved quickly!
As far as sleep goes, he's fed around 11:00 p.m., and then he typically wakes up between 2:00-3:00 a.m. Most nights, it's pretty easy for him to go back to sleep after he eats, and then he's up again around 6:00 a.m.
This picture is from his first bath. He was not a fan that first night at all. But starting with bath #2, he was in love. Now he gets mad when we take him out of the bath.
This was the night of his first outing to church. Such a cute little outfit, but I'm not sure he'll be able to wear it much longer since he's getting so long.
And poor guy is going to be wearing bibs for most pictures I'm afraid. Unlike his brother, he is quite the spitter-upper. If you gave us bibs or burp cloths for a baby gift, know that they are going to great use! Thank goodness that a low dose of Zantac seems to help from it making him uncomfortable.
Already, he is a joy to have in our family, and we are all in love. I can't wait to see who our Baby Will is going to grow to be and what his personality will be like. We are looking forward to all of the memories ahead.

.jpg)
6 comments:
What a beautiful little boy! He looks like Tate to me in the crying picture. I don't know if it's the angle or what...but he looks like Tate there. :) Hope the torticollis is resolved soon. Oh, and those numbered onesies are just adorable!
He has changed so much!!! I need to see him! I can't figure out who he looks like. But I agree with Audra, he's a mini Tate in the bath pic! Oh, and of course he looks adorable in the onesie...I knew he would:)
Awe Kelly~
What a great post to depict his first month! You are a great writer. I am so proud of you. I know that sounds cliche perhaps but adjusting to two has to be tough! I know that sounds funny coming from me, but I am serious.
Keep up the good work. Know that we are praying that about all you posted about!!!
Miss you guys.
J
What a cutie! He is growing fast!
Such a cutie! I want to squeeze his cheeks! I think he looks like Wade.
Awh, he's so darn adorable!
Post a Comment