Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Springtime Rewind

So remember when it wasn't 138 degrees outside? We had a busy Spring in the Strzinek family and I'm just now getting around to some blog updates.

There is a park very close to our house that we absolutely love. In fact, I'm willing to say it may be the best park out there if you've got both a baby/toddler and a preschooler. Great areas for both. Back in the Spring, we were going to the park at least once a week if not more. Will discovered he loves to swing.

And then in April, it was time for the annual Daddy & Tate bike race. This is the second year they've gone together. I think Wade will be ready for Tate to ride his own bike as pulling his 40+ lbs. in the bike trailer is getting a little more challenging.

This year was even more fun as it was a Strzinek family ride with Poppy, Trip, and Mary Tish joining in. They all seemed to have a great time. No injuries. No one got lost. A success!


And Tate's friend Noah (and his dad, Brian) were there as well. Fun!


And toward the end of April, it was another annual event. Again, this is the second year for the boy's day at the Ranger game. Grandpa, Wade, Tate, & Poppy enjoyed a great game and were even on TV briefly. And then right before they left, my Dad (Grandpa) caught a foul ball.


In May, it was time for the annual Dads & Kids camping trip with our small group from church. This is Wade & Tate's second year to go, and they both loved it. Wade took just a few pictures on his phone, so there are none of him or the 50+ kids and 25+ dads. Or maybe he just chose to destroy the evidence? :)

The good thing about a camping trip without Mom there is you get to wear whatever you want. You can sit and dangle off a fence on the side of a huge drop-off.

You can climb giant rocks all by yourself with no safety gear.

And you can go kayaking. I will admit that all of those are probably much more fun without me there. :) I know this is an annual event that they both look forward to every year.
Will is a good two years away from getting to go, but he still had some fun while they were gone. The moms (and little kiddos) got together for a fun dinner @ Fuzzy's. And then Monica & Spencer came over for a sleepover. Will & Spencer had lots of fun playing together and taking a bath. Senior slideshow picture??? And the moms got some uninterrupted chat time...with ice cream! :)


Tate was supposed to be in the TOT end-of-year performance at his preschool but was sick that day. So there was a make-up performance for kids from all of the local preschools. I have to give this kid some credit. It was a gym full of about 40-50 kids and their parents. He didn't know one single person, and his regular TOT teacher wasn't even there. He just jumped right in and went on with the show like it was no big deal. I remind myself all of the time to focus on his strengths. Clearly his adaptability and sociability are strengths and ones that I think will really take him far.

It was fun to see him showing his stuff. He loved participating in TOTs this year, and I could see an improvement since the last performance in January.



And at the end, he received his first-ever trophy and a TOTs wristband. He has enjoyed having the trophy, but the wristband has become a prized possession. He wants to wear it 24/7. I've noticed that the lovely wristband is in most of pictures I've taken since May. :)

We are proud of our Tater TOT!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love that Tate wore his Converse hightops for his TOTs performance. Cute!