Thursday, September 08, 2011

Tate's First Day of Preschool ~ 2011

Hard to believe this was Tate's LAST first day of preschool. Next year is Kindergarten! This is his 3rd year at our preschool, and he was beyond excited to go. The highlight of this year for Tate is being upstairs. He really thinks that is cool. :) He is in the Giraffes class with two wonderful teachers (one of which first met Tate when he was 5 days old!). This year they will learn all of the fun Pre-K things plus they will have Spanish, Chapel, Literacy Lesson, and an extra long Discovery class (which I know he will LOVE). He also gets to go to the TOTs basketball program again.

It was bright and sunny this morning as we attempted the First Day pictures on the front porch. Trying to explain to a 4-year-old how to not squint but still smile is pretty much impossible. But I still got some shots of my handsome, squinty Giraffe. :)


Once all family members had been photographed (per Tate's request), we were off to the first day.

Can you tell someone is just a little excited and ready to go?


It's become a little trickier getting details out of him after school as he has learned the "I don't remember" response. But I did get out of him that today he had fun playing pirates outside and learned that giraffes eat leaves and that when you push 2 and 3, you get 5." Not too bad for a first day, I think.

I know it's going to be a great year, and I can't wait to watch him learn and grow even more!

1 comment:

Pearson Family said...

Oh how I love this boy! He was very comfortable today! I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for this little guy this year!