Monday, August 20, 2012

Super Summer Challenge ~ 2012

Way to go Tate! Another Super Summer Challenge is in the books. 100 points took awhile to get to, but he did it. This has been such a great way for Tate to work on forming some good habits (without me having to nag) and learning new skills. And I love that he is rewarded, but with delayed gratification. That in itself is a good thing to learn.

We didn't get to every single item on the list, but here were the ones crossed off this summer:
  • Two Bible memory verses
  • Memorize books of the New Testament
  • Church Sports Camp
  • Saying respectful prayers
  • Remembering on his own to bring Bible to church
  • Trying five bites of new foods (salmon!!!!, BBQ chicken, orange chicken)
  • Eating dinner with a happy heart
  • Not sucking his thumb (this one is HUGE)
  • Swim lessons
  • Swim length of pool
  • Monkey bars by himself
  • Swing by himself (got half credit...still working on this)
  • Ride bike with no training wheels (had a successful first attempt)
  • Kindergarten worksheets
  • Write letters A-Z upper and lower
  • Zoo Camp
  • Art Class
  • Read BOB books (made it through 14 books)
  • Learn 10 states
  • Kindness acts (His favorite was bringing Gatorade to mailman on hot days.)
  • Feed Macy without being asked
  • Water flowers
  • Be a helper for Mom & Dad
  • Share toys nicely with friends and brother
  • Make a card for someone
  • Collect toys for Haiti
  • Show good manners



So proud of Tate and the hard work and patience it took to meet the goal of 100 points. It made for a fun summer and some really fun rewards...Golf Day with Poppy, Bowling, Go-Carts, and the 100-pointer....NRH2O!




2 comments:

Sarah B said...

This is such an awesome challenge! When I write New Year's resolutions, I try to sort them into categories like this but so often they're too vague. I think I need to implement specifics and rewards for myself! :) Amazing habits y'all are all forming by doing this. Good job!

Abbie said...

Okay here I am creeping all over your blog for SSC ideas for this summer! Are you doing it again? If so you should post a picture of your list. I need ideas for 6 year olds! :) Hope you guys are well! -Abbie Griffith