Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tateisms

Another installment of Tateisms for the memory bank. And there really are so many more that I will refrain from sharing for the world to read. Just know that 5-year-old boys and body parts often make for hysterical conversations. Some other recent favorites:
  • While watching Little Einsteins with Will, the featured art that episode was the Mona Lisa. Tate said, "Look Mom, that is the picture from Costco!"
  • "What day is my lipstick class?"  I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. Could not figure it out. Finally realized he was referring to a make-up swim class from when it rained. Hilarious.
  • A random question to Wade. "When will you have a party with cake and never go back to work again?" Upon more prodding, we figured out he was referring to my Dad's retirement party last year. Guess Tate thinks 36 is not too early for Wade to retire. :)
  • After being told he looked just like his Daddy when he was younger, Tate replied, "I'm just like him...but louder." 
  • "Mom, I know a candy that is really, really good for you to eat...Smarties!"
  • So Tate has inherited Wade's skill of being able to easily recite back lines from movies. What is funny is that he usually doesn't use them in the right context or really understand what they mean. One is from a promo video of Cars Land where kids are in a car race. Tate walks around saying like the announcer, "Now Johnny has got the crazy eyes!" The other one that cracks us up every time is when Tate will randomly say "Awwwwwkward."
  • While watching the double amputee Olympic racer, "When I marry Annie, maybe she will already have a baby with no legs and we can teach him how to race."
Love this boy and the laughter he brings to us all!

No comments: