Friday, March 17, 2006

30 and proud!

Like everyone said it would...Wednesday was just another day. A good day, but not much different than any others. Only difference is that I'm now 30!

I received several phone calls from concerned family and friends making sure I was OK. I guess my blogging about turning 30 has communicated that I had a sense of dread. I tried to reassure everyone that my emotional state is fine, I'm just weirded out by the whole idea.

But the day was great. When I woke up that morning, it was pretty surreal, though. It sounds so self-absorbed, but I was brushing my teeth staring in the mirror thinking, "How can I be 30?" It doesn't seem possible.

It was definitely a great day (actually a great week as I got to celebrate several times this week). I'm surrounded by lots of wonderful family and friends...what more could you ask for?

And as most people that make the change, I did a lot of self-reflecting and realized it ain't so bad! Over the past year or so, I've become much more content with who I am, what I believe, what makes me happy, and as a co-worker said "comfortable in my own skin."

It is exciting to think what lies ahead in the next decade. At least I have a few more years before I have to start the countdown to 40! :)

1 comment:

Janell said...

30 is great fun I think!! Now, just look what all is in your future ; )! It will be a GREAT decade!! I have missed you this week. Hope all is well. Keep me updated! Hugs!