Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Mars, Venus, & Mavericks

Another example of the differences between men and women...how you respond when your favorite sports team loses.

I think it's fair to say that (for a girl) I'm a decent sports fan. I can watch a good game and can follow most of our home teams enough to know who the big dogs are and what the hot topic is. Of all the sports, basketball is probably my favorite to watch. And, over the last few years, I've really enjoyed the Mavericks.

So as they made it to the Finals, I've been following it and have been genuinely excited to see it all happen. I guess that's where any similarities between me and the die-hard males stop.

It's been almost 24 hours since the sad loss, and I've gotten about 5 sentences out of my husband about the game. The loss is so devastating/frustrating that he won't even talk about it.

I don't understand this. No offense, but it wasn't like we could've done anything to win or lose the game for them, so how can you take it so personally? It doesn't compute with me.

1 comment:

Wade said...

I would comment on this . . . but I really don't want to talk about it!