Thursday, June 08, 2006

Welcome to the family!

I'm an aunt (again)! My sister and brother-in-law just had their first baby.

Introducing....

Mallory Kate
















She's a cutie! It's hard to believe that my younger sister is a mom. But, I know that Mallory's life will be filled with lots of love...and laughter! I can't wait to find out what her personality will be like and tell her all of the goofy and funny stories about her mom:
  • from when I made her let me pick out all of her outfits
  • when we played school and I was always the teacher and she was the student
  • when we would talk to each other from the bedroom next door with our Cabbage Patch Kid walkie-talkies
  • when she didn't like the boy Cabbage Patch Kid she got for Christmas, so I got 2
  • when I gave her a bloody nose (I cried more than she did)
  • all of the funny moments of "Grumpy Shannon" when she would wake up
  • and our fun (we are actually friends) semester @ ACU together

The joys of aunthood! :) If Mallory turns out to be anything like her mom or dad, she'll be a wonderful person to be around full of faith and love.

I'm so happy for your new family. Love, Aunt Kelly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, post partum hormones going crazy!

Thank you so much for coming to Abilene Kelly. It really meant a lot for you and Wade to be there. We love you guys so much and are so thankful for your love for Mallory. We can't wait for her and baby strz to meet!

Love you, Shannon

Kelly said...

We wouldn't have NOT been there (sorry for the double negative). Yes, I can't wait to see Mallory & Baby Strz develop as cousins and friends...fun!

Hang in there and let those hormones surge! We love you guys and are so happy for you.