Thursday, February 01, 2007

Split Personality

I think little Tate may have a split personality. Something seemed to happen at the 7-8 week mark. The laid back, somewhat easy to figure out little baby changed.

We now have a baby that seems to have a maximum of 20-30 minutes at a time of happy baby. For the past week or so, we're having a hard time figuring out what changed. He now seems to fight going to sleep. And as soon as we got excited about a 5-hour stretch of sleeping at night, it went back to 3-4 hours max. Hmmmmm? Any ideas?

6 comments:

tara said...

he could be going through a growth spurt. don't worry he will go back to being happy - i mean with cute bear feet who couldn't be happy?

Laura Scott said...

When Bradley was at the 6 week mark, he cried...a lot (not colic though more to do with eating). Well I took him to the pediatrician and his prescription to me was a shot of whiskey!!! That's right, he told me I needed to relax a little. Then he swaddled Bradley tight as could be in his blanket and Bradley immediatley quit crying. The next day (I know he was only 6 weeks) I quit messing with nursing and switched to bottles (and no, I did not fill the prescription for whiskey). I was trying too hard to do everything by all the well put together, great, but not always ideal for you baby books, instead of what was best for me and my baby. Okay that's long, just trust your gut as a mom and dad and do what you know is best for Tate and yall will make it through fussy times and he will be a happy baby again. Of course, I am always for getting the pediatricians advice to rule out any medical reasons for fussiness. Then, if Tate is healthy, he may tell you to go home, kick back, and drink :) JK

Unknown said...

Whiskey for the Mom is better than the advice my SIL recently got... a whiskey soaked washcloth for the baby! Both my kids went through fussy stages and if I remember correctly it was during growth spurts. He is such a cutie in his bear ears and feet. Sorry I missed you at the Loft- you went to the Southlake one, right?

Wade said...

I wonder if you can substitute Blue Bell & Magic Shell for the whiskey - I'd be up for giving that a try!

Unknown said...

We love Magic Shell and ice cream! We call it the poor man's Haagen Dazs.

Kelly said...

Good advice everyone! We had a good visit at the pediatrician and are figuring some of it out. Too bad whiskey wasn't the prescription! :)

And yes, Kelli, Magic Shell is a popular item around here. I had never had it until I married Wade...he took me to the dark side. I justify it by having it with Blue Bell Light. :)