OK, so I'm not quite roaring, but I was pretty proud today. I've always considered myself to be one of those independent kinda women (Destiny's Child song now in my head). I like to be able to take care of myself to some degree.
That is with the exception of anything having to do with cars. I hate dealing with buying a car, fixing a car, or even putting gas in a car. It's for the birds...or for people into cars at least. Anyway, today marked a breakthrough in my complete car cluelessness.
I jump started a car all by myself!
I know that sounds pathetic, but it really is quite an accomplishment for me. Someone was at our house this morning and when trying to leave realized their car wouldn't start. Uh-oh...this is car-related, so I better call Wade. He wasn't available, so I decided I was a big girl and could figure it out.
Before you knew it...I managed to match the color-coded jumper cables to the battery, start the car, start the other car, and presto! To my own complete amazement, it really worked!
I'm sure I wasn't the most graceful car-jumper-starter, as I was sweating bullets in the 100 degree heat. But hey, that made it feel even more authentic. Before Wade gets too excited about my new found skill, I'm pretty sure this is where it stops. No side-of-the-road tire changes for me...that's what AAA is for!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's my girl!
Way to go Kelly!
I don't know if I know which part of the battery to put which jumper cable on...I should probably ask Brad...or you!!
And now I have that song stuck in my head...
Go Kelly, Go Kelly, It's your birthday!
That is SO Big Girl! Oops. Woman. Well, whatever!
Post a Comment