What do you get when you combine a lake, 8 kids (6 of which are all under the age of 3) and 12 adults (there could've been 4 more adults and 4 more kiddos...we missed you guys!)? Complete chaos? Well yes, plus a lot of fun. We just got back from our 4th annual trip to Lake Brownwood with our great group of friends from church.
It was a bittersweet trip for reasons I'll blog about later (not enough energy tonight), but I was reminded of what a unique and special group of friends this is. We've all gone through together what's felt like just about every life experience...loss of a parent, desire for babies, birth of babies, loss of babies, a parent's cancer diagnosis, marriage, job changes, and all of the other ups and downs of life you can imagine. They are a special group, and one that I am so thankful for.
The dynamic has changed a lot with the addition of 10 kids in the last 3 years from the original 2 we started with. But, we still had a great time water skiing, swimming, tubing, eating (good every year), and catching up.
This is also the lake where I learned to water ski several years ago. For someone who is not very athletic or sporty, I've been surprised at how much I enjoy it. So since I was pregnant last summer and couldn't ski, I was determined to this year, even despite my recent weird back/hip pain. Yeah, not the smartest decision on my part. I did have one really good run and got up on the first try. The second try...not so much. Still hurting today.
Isn't it fun getting old?
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm glad y'all had fun. I talked to my sister tonight when I went to go and leave Ladybird, and she told me. It's my singing, isn't it? Tell Wade I'll think about y'alls apology.
Post a Comment