Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy 8 Months Baby Tate!


Another month has flown by, and Tate is now 8 months old.

A big reason the month has gone so fast is that we’ve been out of town just about every weekend. So Tate has put on the miles in the car seat and has been all over Texas overnighting it in the Pack & Play. He’s done great, and I am so thankful that he is such a good sleeper.

Now that the true Texas summer has arrived (heat index over 100), Tate has had a blast swimming as much as possible. The second he hits the water, his legs go into high gear kicking. He loves it, but doesn’t quite enjoy when Grandpa puts him underwater. Maybe next summer.





He hasn’t had any major physical developments or milestones this month. I’m thinking he may be a late bloomer on some of those. He is still so close to sitting up on his own for an extended period of time. He can sit up for a little bit, but then once those legs get kicking, he falls over to his back. But, this has not stopped him from rolling all over the place. I think the days of the play mat are just about over.

It has been lots of fun watching him continue to discover new things. He seems to really enjoy being outside and watching people. And he continues to find his voice---often as loud as possible.

Each day I realize that I love this little boy more than I could've ever dreamed possible.



9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't worry about the late bloomer thing. Hudson was late on every single motor skill there was. He crawled at one (yes, a year), sat up late (don't remember right now) and didn't walk until 18 months. He was talking very early on though so at least I had something to brag about!! I have since realized that kids will do things at different times but by the time they are 4-5 years old they are basically at the same place. Wait until you have #2, you will REALLY see major differences!

Come on.........cook the roast!!

Jody said...

Very creative use of the blocks! Love the pictures!!

Keri said...

Precious little boy on your hands!!

Pearson Family said...

SO FUN! Glad you guys have had fun traveling and swimming.

Shannon said...

Love the blocks picture...good idea! And Tate does love to swim and kick! Mallory missed him yesterday when we went swimming:)

Holly O'Quinn said...

I love the eight month picture. You definitely need to put all of those in a flip book when he turns one. I totally understand the love you are talking about. Isn't it amazing how in grows bigger and bigger?!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I love the blocks this month! Kent and I have copied the blocks idea for Maddie. Tate is such a cutie! I don't know if all kids are like this, but Maddie does things in spurts. Once she rolled, she sat up in the next few days. Once she crawled, she started pulling up a few days later. There's usually a month or so in between the "spurts" where there's not too much to report.
Anyway, I enjoy your blog! We're moving to Ft. Worth NEXT WEEK so maybe we can get the kiddos together!
Jill

Anonymous said...

Love the block picture! And, those blue eyes give Paul Newman a run for his money. Oops! Do you guys even know who Paul Neman is????? I'm showing my age again. Tate is so precious!
B-Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

Tate is a doll!