Saturday, September 08, 2007

8 Randoms

I feel like I’m already an open book on this blog and have probably revealed a little too many of my idiosyncrasies (that is the correct way to spell it by the way) already, but just for the fun of it, here are some more. I was tagged by Paige P. to list 8 random facts/habits. Please don’t hold any of these against me!

1. I pretty much have the exact same breakfast every single day: wheat bread, reduced fat crunchy peanut butter (used to be Peter Pan, but I chose the brand Skippy over getting E Coli), and a Diet Coke in a glass with ice and a straw. I love it and don’t ever get tired of it. Some of my really close friends and family know this about me and even have “Kelly’s breakfast” ready if I ever stay the night. How sweet is that!

2. Much to Wade’s eye rolls, I’ve always said that I have both 6th and 7th senses. The 6th sense is that when there’s a restaurant/fast food place under construction, I can usually figure out what it is before there’s any signage. We used to live in Valley Ranch when they were building new places just about every week. For me that was a fun game to see how quickly I could figure it out. My 7th sense is that I have very sensitive hearing and can instantly walk in a room and hear the buzz of a TV that’s on with no volume. Are you impressed or what??!!

3. I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve turned into Ralphie from A Christmas Story, when he saved up for his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring. I’ve been a mad woman saving all of the Pampers Gifts to Grow codes off diapers and wipes. Why???? My ultimate (like Ralphie’s decoder ring) is the Kettler Kettrike. 78 points down, only 322 to go. Maybe Tate will get it by the time he’s out of diapers.

4. I’ve blogged before about how I love getting the mail. But, I didn’t fully elaborate on the fact that I get giddy, excited when Newsweek arrives. How dorky does that sound? I love that magazine. I read every night before I go to bed, so I have a whole process of how I get through Newsweek, which is typically a 3-night ordeal. The first night I start with the beginning articles and make it up to the editorial cartoons. The second night is the cover story. Then the last night is for the fun Tip Sheet section. I know…wild and crazy!

5. My famous ACU story is that I broke my collarbone my sophomore year. That’s not really what made it famous. I broke it while sleepwalking. Yes, sleepwalking. I lived in the University Park apartments and woke up at 2:30 a.m. on the floor on the other side of my little room with a collarbone completely snapped. I don’t remember a thing except waking up in horrible, extreme pain. Everyone said I should’ve made up a much better story. Unfortunately, that’s all there is to it.

6. I have milk issues. Wade likes to drink milk…as in a big ‘ol glass of it. It completely grosses me out to see just a little bit of milk left in a glass after he’s done. And, it grosses me out to have even one-day-past-the expiration-date-milk in the fridge. Yuck!

7. Sadly, I think I’m subconsciously trying to re-live my teenage years. I love Justin Timberlake, The Hills, and American Idol. And, I read US Weekly every time I wait in line at the grocery store.

8. This may not be a big surprise. But the intensity of it may be. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cute stationary, wrapping paper, and greeting cards/invitations. I love sending them, wrapping with them, and writing notes with them. But, I’m not a complete snob as far as certain brands go. Anything cute. No pressure if you’re giving me a gift anytime soon.

Wow, I can’t believe I’m really putting all of this out there. The word Loser is faintly echoing in my head right now.

So now, I need some others to join me in my loserness, I mean randomness. Go for it Wade, Shannon, Deana, Tara, and Mario. I know y’all will have some good ones!

5 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I love The Hills too, I can't get enough. I also like cute little stationary too. Anything that has my name, monogram or is a cute color is just fine with me. It couldn't get better than that!

Happy Saturday
Susan

Phillips Family said...

I have been anonymously reading your blog for quite a while now (I went to ACU as well), and I have to say that I totally agree with your Pampers Points obsession. I, too, am trying to save up for the Kettler Kettrike and have 200 points right now(we occasionally cash points in for the Blockbuster rental coupon, which has slowed our process). I figure by the time I have enough points for this little toy, I will likely have spent well over $5000 for something that probably costs $49 in the store. However, it is strangely satisfying to watch my points total grow and grow. Also, I hit up friends and grandparents for their points codes who don't collect points. I think I might actually be a little sad if they stop the Gifts to Grow program.

Jennifer said...

I've got milk issues as well and I too love the teeny bopper shows and gossip mags!

Phylemon said...

I have the same Milk thing! Jennifer gets so mad at me because every morning I have to smell the milk, even if the expiration date hasn't passed, just to make sure it hasn't mysteriously turned early. Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't be sharing an idea that would make you even more milk-phobic, so forget I mentioned it.

Wade said...

Milk, milk, milk, milk!