
I really can’t believe it. My little baby is not that little anymore…9 months old!
I have been surprised lately that he was outgrowing so many of his clothes, and I figured out why at his check-up today. He’s already 29 ½ inches long. No wonder! His hair has also been growing fast. I’m actually at a loss of what I’m supposed to do with boy hair. It’s getting a little out of control and sticks straight up unless I wet brush it down. Quite a sight.

He is still quite the kicker. If you’ve seen it in person, you know exactly what I’m talking about. This guy kicks his legs non-stop. In the last week, I’ve had 3 complete strangers tell me they’ve never seen a baby kick like that. Of course, my Dad thinks that means he’ll be a swimmer, and Wade thinks that means he’ll be a cyclist. The nurse at the pediatrician today said maybe ballet…huh?
Although he’s growing like a weed, he’s still maintaining the pace of being a late bloomer with some of the big milestones. He still has no teeth and is nowhere near crawling. So, we’re just enjoying these days of a stationary, bite-free baby. I know that won’t last forever.

It’s so interesting to see his personality develop more and more. It seems as though he is a people person already. He’ll smile at just about anyone, and we haven’t seen too much of the separation anxiety yet (I’m sure I’ll eat those words one day). And he is a talker. Not sure what he’s saying, but he still wants you to hear it, along with anyone else in a 2-mile radius. We haven’t quite learned volume control yet.

We love finding the things that can really make him laugh. So far, those are: The Wheels on the Bus song, the Barnyard Dance book, the line “the old lady whispering hush” from Goodnight Moon, when Mommy does a fake cough, when Daddy does anything involving tickles or zerberts, the dog puppet from Baby Einstein videos, the game peek-a-boo, and when Macy runs around the house. So much fun!

I’ve had several moments lately of just being completely awestruck of how much I love this little person that has been in our lives for such a short period of time. So in love and so thankful!!!


10 comments:
He is getting so big. I just want you to know that I'm impressed that you would even consider posting about the possibility of ballet - very cool and healthy. Let us not forget what we learned from Billy Elliot. So, I don't know if I have eight random facts/habits, but I will ponder that some more.
Kelly,
He is just beautiful... I can see why you love him. With a face like that you know you are looking at a child of God.
Keri
Kelly -
Tate is so freakin' cute!! Every picture of him is so adorable. And his eyes always look so intense! He really looks like a perfect mix of both you and Wade.
I read your 8 randoms and had to laugh. I remember the night you broke your collar bone. Not that it was funny - but I was thinking about that horrible security guard that drove you so fast over all those huge speed bumps at ACU. Not so sensitive of him... :)
- Jamie
BALLET!?!?!?!?! WHAT'S THIS ABOUT BALLET!?!?!?!?!
Are you kidding me??? Ballet???
Jamie's right - he has intense eyes! Which are not good for ballet! Intense eyes are good for football! Did you tell the nurse that?
Maybe Tate can silouette into the endzone as he dives to catch the winning touchdown!!! That's about as much ballet as he needs!!
Ballet, she says!!!
HE'S GORGEOUS!!! I am awestruck too! None of us can believe it has been NINE months!! How come pregnancy doesn't go that fast???
Maybe Addie and Tate can do ballet lessons togethor... JOKING WADE!!!
Addison says, "Tate, I like your eyes."
Miss you guys,
Janell
I love how loud his jabbering is! He is quite the looker with those eyes.
I thought you would like to know...I just poured out a half of a gallon of whole milk that was a week past the expiration date! Don't worry, there weren't any clumps in it:) Are you gagging yet?
I love that picture of Tate in the grass. His eyes are so blue and his cheeks are just so cute you want to squeeze them! Hee hee!
So so cute!!! he just gets cuter with age :)
BEAUTIFUL!! I mean, your sweet baby is just beyond BEAUTIFUL! And tell Wade that baby boys can be called beautiful until they are about 2 1/2 , then you can switch to "cute" or "handsome" if you must. But he is just so precious!! Wow. Just had to comment.
And, BTW - White Rain hair gel is great for little baby boys with the fly away hair. That's my advice for little boy hais - just a light hair gel and fine tooth comb and they are good to go (until the next naptime when it goes nutso on ya).
Beautiful . .
So fun! He is getting so big, and TALL!
Post a Comment