Sunday, February 17, 2008

Highights From The Past Week

Babysitting all 3 cousins…at the same time
We experienced one evening with three kiddos all under the age of two. And I thought dinner time was crazy with just one! It really wasn’t all that bad, just busy. And, sadly, it’s easy to forget about that youngest one when she’s happily sitting in the bouncy seat. When everyone was tucked in for the night and sound asleep, Wade & I looked at each other and said…”at least we know we could handle three kids if we had to.”


It was fun having a little one around again. Baby Morgan is a sweetie!

Valentine’s Part One
Nothing says romance on Valentine's Day like a choice of fried chicken or chicken fried steak. The beauty of Babe's Chicken House on Valentine's with 6 adults and 3 kids...no wait, it's loud, and who cares if you make a mess.


Valentine’s Part Two
Nothing says romance on the day after Valentine’s Day like the kid at the grandparent’s house and a nice quiet dinner where you sit by each other on the same side of the booth (yes, for this one night, we were that cheesy couple). After a yummy Tex-Mex dinner, we had my most favorite dessert ever…EVER…the famous Truluck’s chocolate cake (click to enlarge picture and see the true beauty of this masterpiece).

Love it.

Love him (not in that order, of course).


ACU Sing Song
We braved the rain, sleet, and cold to make the trek back to Abilene this past weekend, so I could serve as one of the judges for ACU Sing Song. It was a lot of fun and brought back many memories. If you aren’t familiar with this little cultural phenomenon, it might seem a little strange. It’s such a hard thing to explain, but it is a pretty impressive show for a bunch of college students. And if you are a past Sing Songer, you might appreciate this “Behind the Scenes” video I found. The infamous double gym…the drama, the tears, the cheers, and the never-ending runthroughs.

10 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

wow that brings back memories!

we were going to go but had a shower instead. i laugh though at the seriousness of it all, like it was the biggest thing of all time! :)

i bet judging was fun!

Lisa said...

Wow, you had your hands full with the kiddos!

Ah, that chocolate cake looks SO GOOD!!!!

Phillips Family said...

Ugh, that sing song video makes me feel OLD. That was such an exciting...and dramatic...time in college!

What brave people to tackle three kids for the night!

We always sit next to each other at Truluck's...mainly because we always sit in the bar area so we don't have to wait!

Sarah B said...

Love the video! I was at SS this year, too - it's so hard to find anyone and talk. And why didn't they have your name on the slide show of judges?? (Maybe they just show the ones for each show?) I think it would be hard to judge. Hope you had fun. LOVE the memories :)

McCulleys said...

We loved seeing you and Wade this weekend. We had a great time catching up with you. We hope that not as much time will pass between our next visits.

Jenni said...

ah yes, the memories of Sing Song! Wish I could have seen more people this weekend, but it is always so hard to find who is there! Looking forward to October for sure!

Monica said...

OK I still don't feel important enough to call a Sing Song judge my friend. WOW!!! : ) Loved the video you found. It made me want to go sometime. I have already said I will never take Aric. He would think ACU was the gayest school ever. A little different from the big A&M bond fire tradition. I am also a little jealous as I see from the comments you got to see my buddy Heather M.

Shannon said...

You and Wade deserve "Aunt and Uncle of the Year"! Thanks again for taking on that task. I know it wasn't easy watching all 3 during dinner, bathtime and bedtime. You guys are troopers!

And, I feel super important now that my sister has been an ACU Sing Song judge. Wow. That is as close to celebrity status as you can get:)

Holly O'Quinn said...

It was so fun to see you guys this weekend, and the judging was so fun. Kelly, I think after our conversation we could really have some fun watching AI together. Especially now that we witnessed the freshman depants incident! I'm glad you were there for support...I was scared!

Lisa said...

I tagged ya!