Ummm, not quite. But I am pretty proud of myself. I made a quiche for the first time. (Cue the ooooos and ahhhhhhs now.)
Our friends Laura and Jackson came over for our regular lunch playdate. I was feeling extra ambitious and decided it was time I added a quiche to my vast (ha!) repertoire of foods that have to actually be cooked. You can only "cook" these so many times.
So the verdict...not bad, but it's no Quiche Lorraine from La Madeleine (my absolute fav). But then again, with Egg Beaters instead of eggs, turkey bacon instead of the real stuff, and half & half instead of heavy cream, it's not going to taste quite the same.
I know to all of you Bettys and Marthas out there, this might seem small potatoes. But for someone that just learned how to peel potatoes over Thanksgiving (yep!), this is quite the victory. There may be hope for me yet.
"Quiche? How do you spell quiche? You don't spell it son, you eat it." --- (Can you name that movie?)

8 comments:
SIXTEEN CANDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I win a prize? Or, am I disqualified since I'm family and we've had it memorized since junior high??
I'm proud of your quiche. It looks A LOT better than the first one I made! That was so nice of you to suffer through it and act like it was yummy:)
I love quiche - it's so tasty and it's a really cozy 'home' feeling to make and eat it, don't you think?
I have a whole cookbook just for quiche and actually my housemates have been forced through about 10 different quiches in the last months. :-)
Have a great weekend!
Looks good, but I was just curious if it could still be called quiche if every ingredient is "Instead Of".....I know you're being healthy, but come on now!!!!!!!!!
It's even easier if you use the pre made pastry crust. Trust me I know.....
Love ya-
Aunt B
yum... it looks delicious!!
Way to go!
Sixteen Candles!!!
Love that movie! And I will say the quiche was DELICIOUS! You haven't sent the recipe yet!
How fun. I might need to add it to my box. It is slim pickens in there! :)
Way to go on the quiche...question, did the boys eat it as well? Sometimes my husband gets this strange look on his face when I attempt to fix "girl meals" (chicken salad etc.) for supper.
Glad your pie came out successfully!
Post a Comment