Saturday, December 20, 2008

Celebrating 2!

Life seems to be moving at fast forward speed. So finally here is the recap of the celebrations of Tate turning 2. I’ve always had a thing about birthdays (or any special occasion) and like to make the day as special and fun as possible. Life can’t always be that way, so why not make sure you have a few special ones?

Tate’s birthday was on December 5, and we started the day with a fun first. A local mall has a huge carousel that Tate has seen and watched with awe several times. He’s never really known that I was holding out on him by not letting him take a ride. So we may regret the decision every time we go back there, but it was a fun birthday memory. We were able to share the fun with Aunt Shannon, cousin Mallory, Janell, Alex, and Addison. Ironically, Tate was the one that was a little timid at first, but then he enjoyed the rest of the ride.





Later that night my family came over for dinner, cake, and presents. After searching online for hours (why????), I finally found a good slide climber that I hopefully won’t have to worry about him injuring himself too bad on. He was pretty excited about the slide and then very sad when it was permanently moved outside to the backyard after spending a week in the living room. Despite the runny nose and chapped cheeks, I think he really enjoyed being sung Happy Birthday to and eating cake, of course.




Later that weekend we had his party. I’ve taken him to a weekly Gymboree class for over a year now. He loves that place from the fun music to the dancing, singing, slides, and room to run around as much as he wants. He and his friends seemed to have such a great time, although I think everyone (kids and parents) was pretty wiped out when it was all over.















It was a long weekend, but a special one. How is it possible in just two short years to love someone so much?

And in case you haven’t seen enough pictures of my child :) , check out the super sweet video here that Wade put together.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

what a fun party! Hope Tate enjoys his slide for years to come!

Laura and Mike said...

So fun!!! Jackson still talks about the party. What a fun weekend Tate had