Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thoughts & Cookies

  • If you know Tate well, you know that his food preferences change every day. Literally. He’s never been a big fan of cheese. Until today. He likes brie cheese! Who knew? And who knows how that will work with the grocery budget?
  • I’ve loved getting all of the Christmas cards in the mail and am hopefully about to get ours sent out. If you’re on our list, please know that Tate does smile. Just not if it involves his mother's unrealistic expectations for that perfect family picture. :)
  • You may have read about my unfortunate mistake of somehow forgetting to sign up for the half marathon I had been training for. I’ll protect some privacy here, but just know that I’m in. I’ll just be answering to a different name that day. Pray for good weather on Sunday!
  • Tate’s birthday and party were so much fun. I’m still collecting pictures and will post soon. How is it possible that I have a 2-year-old? I still feel like I’m a brand new mom figuring everything out.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Christmas festivities have been in full swing lately. The other day, Tate got to make his first ever Christmas cookies with his friend, Jackson. I think he eventually got the hang of it and had a good time. Although, his favorite part may have been shaking the maracas/sprinkles bottles. And yes, one of them didn’t have its lid on. Woops…sorry Laura! Still a lot of fun!



Eyeing the sprinkles...
See, he does smile!


The final product. (It's a reindeer.)

6 comments:

tara said...

make me look good out there!!

Lisa said...

Brie?! Oh, boy, that kid's got taste! He doesn't want any cheese that comes in a plastic wrapper, that's for sure!

Wow, Tate did a great job on those cookies! Love that pic of him with the adorable smile! He's such a handsome little guy!

Can't wait to see pics from his birthday party!

Phillips Family said...

The Brie cheese thing cracks me up. No Veelveta for that boy!

The picture of him smiling with the apron is priceless. He is SO adorable!

Don't fret about the cards and no smiles...did you notice my daughter is eating a box of raisins in ours?

Laura and Mike said...

Tate sure has fancy tastes :)
We had fun..Jackson's still talking about "making cookies with Tate, that fun!"

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable. And what a bright smile!

-Amy

Linda said...

Tate reminds me so much of lil J! My child will eat goat cheese by the handful...hehe!

And I think the sprinkle lids are booby traps waiting to happen...we had a huge sprinkle mess...I'm still finding little balls. hehe! Such cute reindeer and boys!