So as I was looking at the beautiful, smiling pictures of all of my photogenic family and friends, I thought it would be humorous (or maybe something I’ll regret) to show a glimpse into our picture reality these days.
Here is Exhibit #1 of the family picture while at my parent’s house celebrating Christmas. Aren’t we adorable and don’t you just think to yourself, “Wow, they really have it together and must be incredible parents?”

Just in case that’s exactly what crossed your mind, I’ll correct your thinking by showing you Exhibit #2, which was taken just 30 seconds before.
And since I will probably never be the subject of a reality show, that may be the closest you'll get. Now if any of you other bloggers out there are brave enough (yes that picture of me is quite embarrassing), why don’t you share some of your reality in pictures and make us all feel better about ourselves? :) Come on, it will be fun!


7 comments:
Thanks for sharing! If only I had a picture of me holding Owen down for his second strep test of the week (this one up his nose) then I'd have something to rival Wade's face here. I almost called CPS on myself for the abuse that poor child suffered at the doctor's office. For this reason and a thousand other 3 year old's independence issues, I don't take many pictures at home right now. HA! But thank you for sharing...I feel more normal. :)
Do you know how many pictures we have like this? For example, the professional Christmas pictures we had made when Isaac was 16 months old have my hand in them...because I was having to hold him up against the decorated tree for the picture. And THAT was the photo we purchased to give to everyone....the others were much, much worse.
Kelly that is a great idea for a card!!! I love 'reality' pics! :o) Makes me smile because as a Mom, we've ALL been there. ;o) I too hate putting away my picture cards...I have kept them ALL through out the years and still have yours pre-Tate. :o) I plan to put them in albums since I dont scrapbook, I figure that can be my project this year.
I love it! That was great! We have been there!
Kelly, I was laughing out loud when I scrolled down the second picture. I have a picture of me and my goddaughter when she was screaming her lungs out and I was rather laughing, because she was just trying to throw a tantrum. Maybe I'll find that picture ;-)
that is GREAT!!!
If I had them I'd share. Lukas loves the camera so much that when it's out he's a ham...for now anyway.
Post a Comment