I loved my college years. I had a great time, learned a lot, met great people, etc, etc. But one thing that was not on the list (at the time) was going to crazy fun college football games. I’m pretty sure I can count the number of games I went to on one hand (all were during pledging), and I’m pretty sure my high school games were a little more exciting. Ouch.
But ACU’s football team has had this turnaround in recent years and is actually ranked #2 in their national conference. I’m no football expert, so I’m sure there’s some explanation regarding offensive-strategy-ball-moving or something. Whatever they did, they need to keep doing it!
Because we are the kind of Wildcat fans that we are, we braved the never-ending rain (it seriously rained 3 of the 4 quarters) and went to cheer on the team at the Dallas Cotton Bowl stadium last weekend. I almost cried with relief when we saw that there were seats under the overhang, so we were dry the whole game.

7 comments:
Purple, White, Purple, White Fight, Fight, Fight!!!
It is fun to follow the cats NOW...
Wish we could have made the game...
Wish we still lived in the metroplex :(
Bummer...I wanted to see the polka dot rain boots!!
Ditto on the number of games I can count that I went to!
Glad you went to represent! I would have been there except for a family wedding. Oh well - next time? :)
Yeh, but remember all those Cal game experiences. Go Bears!!!!
Aunt B
Missed you all last weekend.
Kelly,
I found your blog through someone else's blog and I've really enjoyed reading about y'all.
Congratulations on the new little one headed your way. That's exciting news!
You should come to a game in Abilene sometime. Even though we live in Snyder we still go -- mainly because my husband is still the PA announcer, but also because it's just fun now. You haven't seen so much purple at an ACU game, well, probably ever! The school spirit is so much fun!
Will you be at Homecoming? It would be fun to see you!
Jami West
I found your blog through Cassie's and saw you went to ACU and had to stop by!
GO WILDCATS!!! love the purple and white too:)
and love that your son graduated from PT as well! CONGRATULATIONS:)
Post a Comment