Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tate's First Day of Preschool ~ 2009

Today was Tate’s first, first day of preschool. I’m assuming over the next 2 more years it won’t quite be as big of a deal. But for today, it was. And it was fun for us all.

He started at a church preschool that is about 5 minutes from our house (loving that!) and will go twice a week. We know several of the teachers and several friends that also go there, so it’s nice to see many familiar faces.

This morning we took the obligatory front porch pictures, and Tate was pretty excited to show off his backpack and new lunchbox. (I quickly reminded myself that we must paint that door black and plant some flowers.)



On Tuesday, he had a Meet The Teacher day where he was dropped off in the classroom while the parents had a meeting. He did great and didn’t seem bothered by me leaving. Well this morning was a little harder. I think all the commotion, excitement, pictures, and the fact that Mommy AND Daddy were leaving him caused him to get a little upset. So we did the super-fast goodbye. When I peaked in two minutes later, he had a giant car and was happy as could be.

I was a little teary, but that quickly went away as I strolled through the nice, quiet aisles of Target by myself. :)

His teacher said he did great. The only things I got out of him were that he ate his brownie (a special first day treat…probably the first and only thing he ate), played outside with a wagon?, talked about yellow, and sang. Sounds like a good day!

11 comments:

Pearson Family said...

I am so glad he had a great day!

Keri said...

Kellly~My friends the Jones are in your picture!!! HA!!! They love their preschool. So fun! The Jones attend church at KCofC as well so they know lots of teachers and just love it. Next time we are down there we certainly HAVE to get together. I would love to actually see Tate in person.

Hope you guys had a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tate! Such a big boy!

Contact Me for an appointment said...

How exciting..I totally understand the feeling of being a little teary and then realizing the quiteness. Have a great day! It is incredible to watch them experience life.

Phillips Family said...

so glad that his first, first day went well!

Holly said...

Glad he had a good day! I am sure he will love it! It is nice to know you guys are there too!

Lisa said...

Awh, what a big boy! Defintely a big day when you child goes to school for the first time! I was weepy, as well, when I took my daughter to her very first day of school last week. It was definitely weird coming home without her!

Kristen OQ said...

I kept my eyes out for you guys this morning, but never saw you! So glad to hear his first day went great. Sam is almost 7 and we still aren't tired of the "first day of school" pictures and excitment! ;) Hope it is a great year for him!

brianchante said...

So cute. I felt the same about Noah doing preschool for the first time today also. I am glad Tate told you at least a little of what he did. I couldn't get anything out of Noah.

Shannon said...

I can't believe Tate and Mallory are old enough to be at school!! What a big boy!

Emiley said...

It IS a big deal every year taking the kids to school! It is such a bittersweet moment. Enjoy those target days alone while you can! :)