Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Christmas 2009

I’ve always loved Christmas, and now getting to experience it through the eyes of a 3-year-old made it even more sweet.

The most memorable event this year was the blizzard-like weather that came through on Christmas Eve afternoon. We got 3-4 inches of snow (which around here is a lot) along with a little ice and some really intense winds. It was not much fun to be out in at first. Despite the weather, we headed out to our church’s Christmas Eve candlelight service. Tate loved being in “big church” and the all of the candles filling the room were beautiful.




And Christmas morning was so much fun. Somehow I managed to not get one single family picture of the three of us. Tate definitely had a little more anticipation this year compared to last, but it was still fun to see him walk downstairs and be so completely surprised that there were presents under the tree.




After presents and a yummy cinnamon roll breakfast, we (meaning Wade, Tate, & Macy) finally got to enjoy our first-ever White Christmas and go play in the snow. This time without the sideways wind pelting snow in the face. I’m pretty sure they all 3 equally enjoyed it!



After our little family’s Christmas together, we still had two more to go. I have one picture from each. Not sure what is wrong with my picture-taking these days. (Oh yeah, I’m pregnant and tired all of the time.)

So for the Strzinek Christmas, here are the three cousins all paying homage to the Apple store.


And for the Enright Christmas, here are the three cousins all sporting their newest little chairs.

It was a great season of family and friends. Somewhat glad for it be over, but grateful for sweet memories as well!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I read your blog all the time, but I hardly ever comment. Sorry.

My sister-in-law (with older kids) tells me to enjoy Christmas with little ones, even when they have meltdowns and sugar highs, because before long, they will be teenagers and there's just not as much "magic". Although none of her children screamed an inappropriate word at another cousin because they were beyond frustrated, either. I guess there's some kind of trade-off!

Your pictures are great and I so enjoy reading!

Holly said...

I enjoyed catching up on your blog and seeing all the sweet pictures.