Tate & I have been home all week because he’s been sick with a really bad sinus infection. All. Week. Long. 5. Days. Needless to say, I’ve had to get creative at passing the time every day with a sick kiddo. So we’ve watched our fair of TV shows (he may be in TV detox when he gets better), but I’ve also been showing him a lot of the home videos we have from when he was a baby. And he loves watching these and laughs hysterically at most of them.
With just about 8 weeks until Baby Brother gets here, he’s been pretty fascinated with the idea that he was once in my tummy and was a baby at one point. You definitely can’t call him a baby right now, because he will correct you and let you know that he is “a big boy!”
And I have to say for myself that watching these old videos is making it all more real and exciting that we’re having another baby soon. Sometime I focus more on the sleepless nights that I know are ahead with a newborn, but this has been so fun to look back and see all of the adorable and sweet times ahead as well.
So these are probably way more for my own entertainment and nostalgia, but here are some fun times from Tate’s early months:
Giggling With Daddy ~ I think he’s about 4 months old here. This was the in-between hair days. His full head of almost black hair was falling out like crazy, later to all come in blond. And as you can tell, he has thought Daddy was pretty great from very early on.
The Dance ~ We are an odd family. For some reason, it completely cracked up me and Wade to make Tate do a little dance to this song. He may be scarred for life. But to this day, he still loves this song!
Laughing @ Throw Up Noises ~ Oh my, the oddness continues. Tate is 10 months old here. Just a few weeks prior, all three of us had a stomach bug. At one point when Wade was hurling in the bathroom, Tate could hear him and thought it was hilarious. So later when we were taking some pictures in the backyard, we used the throw up noise to get some good smiles. I know…we’re weird.
Balls Down The Stairs ~ This one is cute and funny, but also amazes me to see how far our little man Tate has come. He’s 15 months in this video and as you’ll see discovered a fun trick. I can’t get over the fact that he still couldn’t even crawl on all 4s yet and was having to do an army crawl. Wow, if you saw him now, you would have no idea what a tough time he had with so many things in the early days. Makes this momma proud!
Laughing @ Mommy ~ I realized that Wade was the one getting all the laughs, so I had to show Tate that I was just as funny. It’s hilarious to watch him watch this video. His laugh is almost the exact same…just older sounding. Sniff. Sniff.
So that’s my video trip down memory lane. Tate’s only 3, and I’m already saying where does the time go? I can’t wait to meet our newest little guy in just a couple of months and create so many more fun memories!
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Fun! I remember watching them all when the originally aired :)
Haha, I remember many of them, too. What fun!
And poor you - being ill and being pregnant and not be able to take any 'real' meds must have been a pain.
Sorry for ignoring my commenting duties ;-) for ages, but I've been following all your posts in my feedreader nevertheless and enjoyed it a lot.
Loved all those oldies! My kids looooove watching movies of themselves when they were babies too. It is crazy how time flies! Oh, and we totally make that "throw-up" noise to make Luke laugh hysterically! Wow, only 8 more weeks to go!!!!
Post a Comment