So in 30+ years, we’ll be asking Tate, “Don’t you remember February 2010 when it snowed over 12 inches in a 24-hour period, breaking all daily snow records in North Texas?” And he’ll roll his eyes, just like I might have done when my Dad called this morning to ask if I remember the snow of 1978. (We love you Dad and all of your nostalgic memories!!!!!) :)

But I have to admit, this will be one to remember. It started snowing at 4:00 a.m. on Thursday and didn’t stop until about 6:00 a.m. on Friday. I’ve never seen this much snow in Texas.
The first day was kind of a bummer for Tate. Wade was at work all day and since I’m 30+ weeks preggo and have already had my share of slips and falls, I couldn’t risk doing too much in the snow. So Tate was patient enough to handle just walking around the backyard and driveway.
And on this video, you’ll see the first tragedy of the snow when he walked right out of his boots. Socks and snow don’t mix well. But alas, he recovered and was off again.
So on Friday, we were all housebound for the day and Tate got to experience a good ‘ol snow day of playing outside with Daddy and Macy. By this point it had stopped snowing and we got to see what it looks like to have over a foot of snow. Our poor trees may never be the same!
After about an hour of playing outside, it was time for Tate to come in. When I took his cotton mittens off, his hands were completely soaked and freezing cold. Suprisingly, that didn’t seem to bother him.
So while he warmed up, Wade got creative and made the Strzinek Snowman. I wonder if this means our grass will soon be neon green?
Happy "Snow of 2010"…until tomorrow when the high is supposed to be in the ‘50s!
2 comments:
How beautiful! Your snowman is awesome! I've never seen anyone write on a snowman...props to y'all!
Awh! Looooved all your pics & video. What a neat experience for your little guy! The crazy snow set records all around the country!
Post a Comment