
February 25 has turned into the day I want to always take time and remember my sweet friend and college roommate, Kari Firestone Heil. Today would've been her 34th birthday. I still think about her just about every day. Her death was tragic and devastating for so many, but on her birthday I think of the Kari that we all remember. A Kari that was full of life and love. I’m convinced she would’ve been one of those people that never aged and was full of that youthful energy and joy at either 34 or 64.
Happy Birthday Kari! I miss you so much today!
And today was also a day that I was able to witness the remembrance of another special woman. The sudden illness of Jenny Bizaillion, a fellow ACU alum and wife of our friend David, drew together thousands…yes thousands…of people from around the world praying for her body to be healed. Her Carepages is up to 10,000+, and 2,000+ people watched the service streaming live online. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything like that happen. Her memorial service today was amazing. The legacy of faith she is leaving is something to admire and strive for. I was honored to be part the body of Christians around the world remembering her and at the same time praising the One she is with for eternity.
It’s been a day with a lot of tears and sadness for both Kari & Jenny. I still have questions and don’t ever pretend to have all of the answers, but I am thankful for and cling to hope in the midst of it all.


3 comments:
Kelly~
I have thought today a lot about what legacy I will leave behind for my children and family. I really really pray that Jenny's ( and Kari's) family are able to heal quickly.
Jenny truly truly changed lives.
I am thankful to have you in my life.
I am so sorry, Kelly. What a sad day. It's so hard to understand His plan. Thinking of you!
I went to the funeral via live stream. It was beautiful and encouraging.
Post a Comment